5 worst/least favourite players since watching TUFC

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mr Burnz
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sako

Post by Mr Burnz »

Anyone remember Stuart Boardley?Knocking around in about 04/05 maybe.

Think he may have made a couple of cameos. Goes down as a pointless signing if nothing else. Tried to get his autograph and blanked me, so least fav for me.

Lee andrews was good awful aswell!
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Most of my worst players come under wes Saunders who for me was also the worst manager we have had.
O'Niell Donaldson,dreadful striker think he only scored about once and that was the third away to Forest Green in the cup
jimmy aggrey,never seen a player panic as much as he did when he had the ball.
Wayne Thomas,not that bad a player just had a big time Charlie attitude.
Paul Holmes,second time around.never seemed interested.
Tony bedeau.powder puff in attack
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

stevegull wrote:Enough of this Bedeau-bashing.

I loved him - as my 'favourite player' thing on the right states...
Only at Torquay could you play 330 games for the club and still divide opinion :-D

We're really rubbish aren't we? :scarf:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

royalgull wrote:
Only at Torquay could you play 330 games for the club and still divide opinion :-D

We're really rubbish aren't we? :scarf:
fair point, well made........... :} =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

This may be a while ago but someone will remember it..................We had a guy on loan from Swindon called Roy Carter who played about 6 games and scored about 4 and we all thought he was the dogs bollocks...........We signed for I believe about £60k and then played like a prick from then on.....Anyone remember it from about 1979 I think.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

82-83 and think he may have cost £15- £20 000 definately not £60 000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Carter_(footballer)
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

1. Mark Coombe
2. Kevin Hill
3. Tony Bedeau
4. Jean Pierre Simb
5. Gary Brabin
6. Mark Dobie
7. Andy Rowlands
8. Stewart Evans
9. Jimmy Aggrey
10. Jamie Atwell

The list could go on, there's plenty of options.

Bedeau and Hill will spark outcry but I genuinely think both were average at best. In my humble opinion, Hill was a grafter but nothing more. I've always suspected he was a very cheap player and the fact his wages were low kept him in the team. Plus I imagine he did as he was told and never complained. A lot of managers would like that in a player.

Bedeau was in a similar mould but could not finish to save his life. He was a modern day Dean Edwards and just ran around like a headless chicken.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

According to the various lists, the winner of the worst TUFC player of all time (and that includes the worst ever goalkeeper list) is either Mark Coombe or Jamie Attwell. Which one is it? Who will win the worst-ever prize?
My vote goes to.....Coombe.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Burnhamgull wrote:1. Mark Coombe
2. Kevin Hill
3. Tony Bedeau
4. Jean Pierre Simb
5. Gary Brabin
6. Mark Dobie
7. Andy Rowlands
8. Stewart Evans
9. Jimmy Aggrey
10. Jamie Atwell

The list could go on, there's plenty of options.

Bedeau and Hill will spark outcry but I genuinely think both were average at best. In my humble opinion, Hill was a grafter but nothing more. I've always suspected he was a very cheap player and the fact his wages were low kept him in the team. Plus I imagine he did as he was told and never complained. A lot of managers would like that in a player.

Bedeau was in a similar mould but could not finish to save his life. He was a modern day Dean Edwards and just ran around like a headless chicken.

:goodpost: i agree whole heartedly with all your points. bedeau could have been good but always seemed to run in a diagonal line to the corner flag, he couldnt weave around players to save his life, his finishing at times was shocking.

agree, about hill 100%. his best time at the club was when he had russell and fowler with him. russell seemed to talk him through the match a lot, ping balls to him and then take the ball back (a bit like a good indoor 5-a-side player would use the walls).hilly was a 110%er and very good in the air.

i liked dean edwards he worked really hard for the team, held the ball well and linked the play,yes he was a bit of a headless chicken at times but his finishing was better than bedeau's.

mark dobie, now theres a name, i remember he was meant to be to use the quotes, "mustard in training at finishing", "the best finisher at the club in training". bloody awful during a match though when it mattered.

stewart evans and andy rowland, oh dear. we actually managed to get promoted in their season, carrying them as passengers.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Good job Kevin Hill didn't score many goals for us. My god Hill was a brilliant player for us. He wasn't a stepover guy but was super reliable, worked hard and scored goals. He could defend and attack. Utter madness.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Surely Mo Camara? At least the other tosh that played for us (Attwell, Broadly, Banim etc) had the decency to not be on an astronomical wage.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

="usagullmichigan" Good job Kevin Hill didn't score many goals for us. My god Hill was a brilliant player for us. He wasn't a stepover guy but was super . He could defend and attack. Utter madness.
nobody is knocking what he achieved at the club or what he brought to the team. reliable, worked hard, did a job he was asked to do and scored a few goals (mainly with his head), this is right, a brilliant servant of the club/team, yes, but he was an average footballer. when people say brilliant it is subjective to their own different opinions.

he is the sort of player every squad/team needs (god knows we could do with a few like him now), his commitment, workrate and service to the club are not in question but a brilliant footballer he was not.
Last edited by chunkygull on 22 Jun 2013, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

chunkygull wrote:
So how does any of what you've posted here make him one of the worst players we've had?
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

he wasnt on my worst list. he was on burnhamgull's.i merely agree with the fact he was an average footballer, i have always felt many get a bit carried away in their praise of him, i do praise his attributes and the things he did for the team but he was an average footballer who made the best of what he had and could do.

he would never be in a list of best, maybe a favourite though, i did like him and was grateful for his effort, and i most definitely dont think he was anything like being one of the worst. i would put him in mid -table.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

The OP asks for Worst/LEAST Favourite players to play for United. Hill is one of my least favourite simply because the hero worship for the guy seemed a tad over the top to me.

He worked hard, yes.
He wasn't a commanding player in the middle for us.
He didn't score loads of goals.
He wasn't a skillful player by any stretch of the imagination.

He played for us at a time when money was incredibly tight (like we're a rich club now?). I've always thought he had contracts renewed because he was cheap, a squad player and possibly a yes man.

Everyone has their own opinion, this is mine.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.