5 worst/least favourite players since watching TUFC

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Actually, forget that - it was probably Ian Hathaway. Memory failing me again.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

David priso, Mark sale , exodus, are my top 3 .
There are too many others to justify no 4 or 5 .
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

No sure how anybody could include on their list any players other than those who have "graced" the Plainmoor turf in the last three years.

No matter how crap you remember players from the past being they were that crap in the Football League. The recent "players" we have had have been even worse than crap in the Conference.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Dale Tonge used to wind me up. Also Elliot Benyon too (controversial). Scored reasonably regularly first time round but spent far too much time on his ass. A really frustrating character, a bit like Danny Stevens was. Great on his day but he had like 2 or 3 days a season.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

David Byng did actually score for Torquay.
He got two on his debut away at Walsalls Bescot stadium. Think he was only 16 at the time ?
TBH he looked a natural goal scorer that day.
The player that grates with me is the guy that scored 4 against us at Plainmoor for Scunthorpe (1-8). Andy ? Sure we signed him the next season and he was dire for us.
Yes for Marc Sale, awful player.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

budegull1954 wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 08:45 That's a little unfair on Fallon - maybe a carthorse now, he was actually a very good player in his day, much better than the player I was referring to. His name came to me in the middle of the night - as these things do when you get to my age - it was Steve Hayes. Easily the worst player I have ever seen wearing the Gulls shirt, and that was when the standard of mid-1970's Division 4 football was atrocious anyway. He was a central defender on Shrewsbury's books for several seasons without ever really establishing himself. On one occasion he went to kick a loose ball, missed comletely and landed flat on his back! He ws also an expert at mistiming headers out of our penalty area. Digging around Shrewsbury's fan forums he was a bit of a cult hero at Gay Meadow, where his nickname was 'Animal', and was described by one fan as an 'agicultural defender'! Happy days though, with no continuing threats of relegation out of the league, biggish crowds etc.
We did end up signing Steve Hayes again, possibly for the 80/81 season.