Stevenage meet up

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
loyalgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Stevenage meet up

Post by loyalgull »

Hi all,

This is my first visit to Stevenage, dragging my girlfriend along too!

Which pub will United fans be in before the game? We are getting to Stevenage train station a few hours before kick off so would be nice to have a few shandy's with other Gulls!

See you there,

No1. Gull
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We always used to meet up in their own clubhouse prior to the game but a few of their fans told me on the last visit that they would be making it home fans only from last season on. Not sure if that's what they've done, maybe one of them will be registering in time for the match and can enlighten us.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/stevenage/#Where To Drink? - It mentions the home fans only and the whole page is helpfull! Always use this site for new grounds that I haven't been too ;-)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

There aren't any pubs in the vicinity of Broadhall Way IIRC, and if the clubhouse has gone to home-only then things might present a problem.

All the good drinking in Stevenage is to be done in the old town, which is completely the opposite side of the town to the Football ground
BoroBri
Trialist
Trialist

Post by BoroBri »

No guarantee but the clubhouse is yet to go home only, there have been issues about the speed of service but it's a friendly enough place.
For the best beer the Mutual Friend is the place, 5 mins. from the ground (10 mins - away end) just behind the garage off Broadhall Way.
A few of us Boro fans meet in the town centre, there's a couple of chain pubs, the Weatherspoons is a bit grubby, we use the Old post Office where the beer and food are ok, they've got Sky sports and it's only 15 mins from the Lamex.
There's half a dozen decent-ish pubs in the Old Town but that's about 30mins. or a taxi ride from the ground.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Thanks for that update mate, much appreciated.

Always had a good time in your social club and met some very decent fans in there so would be nice to do so again.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
sgmboro
Trialist
Trialist

Post by sgmboro »

The Broadhall Suite (clubhouse) has been open to away supporters so far this season, so I don't see why it would be any different for Saturday's game. Alternatively as someone else says above, the Mutual Friend is not far away on Broadwater Crescent, near the Esso garage.

The town centre has a couple of chain pubs in the plaza area, but the Old Town would be the best option and the parking is free there too.

This page may help a little bit for those that are travelling.

http://fcboro.co.uk/ground-guide/league-2/stevenage
http://fcboro.co.uk - the Stevenage blog