Dick Brodie

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Dick Brodie

Post by ferrarilover »

Now, I'll accept, we should all know better by now that to believe even a single syllable which emanates from the mouth of Steve 'fatbastard' Evans. However, he alleges that the board at Creepy Crawley turned down an offer for Brodie from an unnamed L2 club on Friday.

Now, it wasn't us. I have no actual evidence of this, but we all know that it wasn't, so let us not waste time speculating over the future of a Benyon/Brodie/Kee front line. Let us focus instead on which club it may have been, what that means for their current strikeforce and how much the bid is likely to have been.
If nothing else, this may serve as an adequate distraction from occurrences at Plainmoor this afternoon, should any be needed.

Over to you.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

He could have been signed by the away supporters desperate for someone to run and get the pasties at Cheltenham before they ran out. Or. he could have been signed by a club I will not name as a replacement for a certain club mascot after he was sent off a week or so ago. Or he could have been offered a new part in one of the Nations soaps to replace characters who are being killed off at an alarming rate,( not that I like soaps and killing em all off wouldn't be a bad thing in my book. Sorry West Bay) Or you may know something different :scarf: :-D :-D :-D
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

He's not doing as well as he was at York and considering the original transfer was around 275k, i suspect it is considerably less. Also Tubbs is scoring for fun..

As for the club, maybe someone like Bradford or Crewe?
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Can't see it being either of them.

Fatboy will want to recoup at least half of what they paid.

I can see it being Southend, or someone surprising. I mean, if they're being linked with Benners...
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Surely the title of this should be "Duck" Brodie given the look of the guys face.

My money would be on Northampton - always got cash to burn, already tried to sign Marvin Morgan and Calvin Zola, perhaps its a matter of time before they start sniffing round Benners as well?
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Glostergull wrote:( not that I like soaps and killing em all off wouldn't be a bad thing in my book. Sorry West Bay)
I don't watch any soaps, Gloster. Neighbours and Casualty are documentaries. :)
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Jeff wrote:Surely the title of this should be "Duck" Brodie given the look of the guys face.

My money would be on Northampton - always got cash to burn, already tried to sign Marvin Morgan and Calvin Zola, perhaps its a matter of time before they start sniffing round Benners as well?
Speaking of MM, did i hear hes on the list after a bust up in training??
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Fletch wrote: Speaking of MM, did i hear hes on the list after a bust up in training??
He got transfer listed for posting something on Twitter slagging off the shots fans for getting on his back. He's now been transferred to Dagenham I think
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Jeff wrote: He got transfer listed for posting something on Twitter slagging off the shots fans for getting on his back. He's now been transferred to Dagenham I think
Ah that was it. I knew he was listed but couldnt remember why :-D