Yeoman and Palmer

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Yeoman and Palmer

Post by MidDevon »

Just for information, both players started for Tivvy in their 3.0 defeat at Truro City on Monday.

Good to see them play against a quality team.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper

Post by MidDevon »

sorry not replying to myself, that would be sad!, well yes I am, but I meant to add the Truro City team for the match. You ahve to say that is quality for level 3 non league.

Truro City: Martin Rice, Barry McConnell, Martin Watts, Arran Pugh, Steve Adams, Danny Clay, Andrew Taylor, Marcus Martin (c), Barry Hayles, Andrew Watkins, Dan Smith. Substitutes: Alex Jeannin, Scott Walker, Jake Ash, Joe Broad, Stewart Yetton.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

http://www.piranfilms.com/sports_films.php

Highlights of the game on that link (Hilly is playing for Tiverton too). Rice makes a great save from a Hill header.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I went and watched them when they were at Windsor and Didcot, mainly to go and see Ricey but they do have a quality side. I lumped on them in July to win that league, they were right down as 8th favourites at 14/1.

Ricey is flying for them Gulliball, he made 2 cracking saves at Windsor and I know there have been 2 football league clubs looking at him recently.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by tommyg »

On the subject of our next generation, when is Halpin going to get a chance to play? I've heard very promising things from his performances in training. If Buckle has no intention of using him then surely he would benefit by going on loan to a BSP club.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

tommyg wrote:On the subject of our next generation, when is Halpin going to get a chance to play? I've heard very promising things from his performances in training. If Buckle has no intention of using him then surely he would benefit by going on loan to a BSP club.

I fully agree with this, Halpin was on the bench yesterday(even ahead of Macklin) but I still think it's too early for him. If we have nothing to play for at the end of the season(last few games) I'd then give him the chance.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Yellow4life wrote:
I fully agree with this, Halpin was on the bench yesterday(even ahead of Macklin) but I still think it's too early for him. If we have nothing to play for at the end of the season(last few games) I'd then give him the chance.
Halpin has had a bit of a strange career in my eyes. He was the first of the youngsters to be offered a long term deal, yet it was Yeoman who made the first team first (came off the bench against Oxford in the BSP) and was generally making more headlines with his performances in the youth team. And again this season, Yeoman is only on a short(er) term deal, yet it is he getting experience of senior football - impressively at Bideford last season and with Tivvy this - while Halpin is making only fleeting appearances amongst the subs.

From what I read on here about Halpin in pre-season, he sounds o.k. And to be honest, from what I've seen he cannot be any worse than Macklin. I'm wondering if his recent inclusion is perhaps a precursor to some first team action in the next few busy weeks?
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

tommyg wrote: Halpin has had a bit of a strange career in my eyes. He was the first of the youngsters to be offered a long term deal, yet it was Yeoman who made the first team first (came off the bench against Oxford in the BSP) and was generally making more headlines with his performances in the youth team. And again this season, Yeoman is only on a short(er) term deal, yet it is he getting experience of senior football - impressively at Bideford last season and with Tivvy this - while Halpin is making only fleeting appearances amongst the subs.

From what I read on here about Halpin in pre-season, he sounds o.k. And to be honest, from what I've seen he cannot be any worse than Macklin. I'm wondering if his recent inclusion is perhaps a precursor to some first team action in the next few busy weeks?
Well I think it was more down to the fact there was no one else to fill the bench. Branston was out. Macklin could of had a slight knock so naming halpin made sense- giving him a match day experience in the process. As for Yeoman- I remember him against oxford, suprised he was on a shorter deal and I can see him staying next year too.