Danny Potter

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Agree SNW. Bevs has been our saviour on more than one occasion this season. If he was that good all the time, he wouldn't be in league 2!
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

sometimes a break out from the team can be the best thing, (wroe and nicholson for example)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

YellowMurphy wrote:sometimes a break out from the team can be the best thing, (wroe and nicholson for example)

true mate, but not in bevans case. see my previous post above - and the other posters that agreed! :lol:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

shaunicus
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by shaunicus »

If Potter can't get a chance in the team after the howlers Bevan has just dropped then he might as well pack up and go home.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Dannys a good keeper, he was BSP keeper of the season a few seasons back. Yes i know its the BSP and was a few years a go but the guy is still a good keeper. Maybe bevs could do with a rest. A long christmas period.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Maybe bevs could do with a rest, but I hope he plays on saturday when i bring my dad down for the Fa Cup. Much rather have Bevs in goal for a match that means something than an (untried first team) keeper.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Resting a goalkeeper?

Resting a goalkeeper who's played two games in a month?

He's our best keeper and he should be playing. I'd feel much more confident with him between the sticks than Potter.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Gulliball wrote:Resting a goalkeeper?

He's our best keeper and he should be playing. I'd feel much more confident with him between the sticks than Potter.
Agreed - I've seen Potter twice and he strikes me as being an adequate stand-in should Bevs be injured, but would feel a little nervous if he replaced a fit Bevs
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Saturday is not an appropriate time for him to make his full debut- it's an important game and with Branston(if he is?) back I'm willing to give Bevan another chance. Having said that when will be a time to hand it him?

After he made the mistake for the 2nd goal WHY did some gulls fans taunt him? How does this help... :red:

We missed Branston today, I wouldn't of started lathrope/hemmings either.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Yellow4life wrote:Saturday is not an appropriate time for him to make his full debut- it's an important game and with Branston(if he is?) back I'm willing to give Bevan another chance. Having said that when will be a time to hand it him? After he made the mistake for the 2nd goal WHY did some gulls fans taunt him? How does this help... :red: We missed Branston today, I wouldn't of started lathrope/hemmings either.
Having just watched the highlights again, it would be harsh in the extreme to point the finger at Bevs for any of the 4 goals....
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Going to have to disagree with you there Fletch. Their 3rd goal, I believe he was at fault. He delayed leaving his line, when earlier in the season he's been coming out and getting it. Maybe what happened with him and Ellis at Hereford has knocked him, who knows. But I must say that was rather unusual behaviour from Bevs, and unfortunately it's cost us.

Can't grumble for the others, really though.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Gulliball wrote:Resting a goalkeeper?

Spot on Gulliball.

It's about form not rest. The layoff has certainly affected the rhythm of the whole team. Two games in quick succession has hopefully removed any layoff factors and we can hit the ground running now and knock Carlisle out of the cup.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

NickGull wrote:Going to have to disagree with you there Fletch. Their 3rd goal, I believe he was at fault. He delayed leaving his line, when earlier in the season he's been coming out and getting it. Maybe what happened with him and Ellis at Hereford has knocked him, who knows. But I must say that was rather unusual behaviour from Bevs, and unfortunately it's cost us. Can't grumble for the others, really though.
Watch it again then Nick. When the ball is hit he is coming forward off his line. When he sees that its going out right he changes direction. The only way he's going to get to the ball is by taking the player as well (which would result in a penalty/red card) so tries to make himself big. If you want to point a finger at anyone for this goal then Ellis should have been picking up Midson...

MODs. Please let me know if im not allowed to post pictures on here....
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

But Bevan hesitates before coming off out? Looking at that image shows the ball is half way between midson and Bevan - but the fact Bevan waits until midson is nearer 6 yards than 12 was the problem.

Ellis is to blame too but it's just the fact Bevan hesitates. It was a great ball through may I add
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I still stand by what I said, Fletch. I physically remember seeing Bevs hesitate. As Dave (forevertufc) states, and you do too, he leaves his line, and starts coming, then either slowed/stopped, and thats what caused the problem.

99% of the time Bevs has been incredible this season, so I'm not going to get on his back, but that goal yesterday I feel the blame lays partly at his feet. As for the back four, they just got well and truly caught out by the through-ball which is quite disappointing really.