Danny Potter

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Danny Potter

Post by MidDevon »

I have to say Scot Bevan looked nervous today, so did the defence.....are the two related?

Is it not time to give Danny Potter a chance? I saw him layer in the watching paint dry match at Bournemouth (or Swindon?) and he did not let us down.

There needs to be competition for all places and Scott looks like he needs a break to be honest

thougts?
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I love Bevs but I wonder if Hereford has affected him a little? He looked very nervy after that 2nd goal and maybe it's spilled into todays game? I'd be interested to have a longer look at Potts but it's a tough one and a big call to change the keeper, especially one that to be fair has been pretty damn awesome for us on the whole.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I saw Potter at Swindon and thought he DID let us down. In saying that though, he hasn't had a run in the side so would rightly have been nervous. If he is to get a run as replacement then as a keeper he should be told he has a certain period, 3 4 or 5 games to prove himself, that way his confidence would be helped with the pressure off.

Bevan will come good again, he's saved us plenty of times this season and is easily better than Potter in my opinion.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

When fully fit and confident Scott Bevan is as good as any keeper at this level,his hieght makes him at times a thrid centre back .

does he need a rest in my opinion yes ,is he playing with a knock?,i dont think Scott will need telling,his performance today was not at the level he is capable of,football is a squad game if Danny Potter is not ready to fill in,whats he doing here?
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

yellowsmiffy wrote:Yup, time for Potter to fill in. Bevs very good keeper, but too many mistakes recently.

Don't expect Potter to fill you with any confidence.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Any chance of Poke returning?!

With Bevs struggling and Poke not getting any gametime at Brighton, could easily happen.

Although for now, I think PB has a tough decision on Saturday. I'd hate for us to lose the game and lose out on all that money thanks to a cock-up like Bevs for their 3rd goal today.
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

Bevs has had a couple of bad games now but I think some of the blame has to be put on our defence as well. Can't help but to think Potter is another Rice but would be loved to be proved wrong, so that Bevs has some competitions.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be honest i do think it is time for us to move on as far as Micheal Poke is concerned,and would not like to see come back to the club unless we have the funds and the intention to sign him permanetly.

With two keeprs on the books surely if one is strugglering,the club must use the other,i do understand Potter has had some shakey games in the reserves however with our lack of funds bringing another keeper makes no sense.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by tommyg »

Watching the FL Show on Saturday I thought Ellis was more at fault for Hereford's first goal and Bevan may have been fouled for their second. That's not to say he wasn't completely blameless, but his form overall this season has been good and to drop him after a two bad games may be a little harsh. I haven't seen Potter much, but he's very short for a keeper which could pose problems given that we're not the biggest of teams.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

thats the problem being a goalie. :(

make a mistake (or two or three) and it costs big time.

centre forward misses a sitter and the fans can (usually) forget it.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

He deserves a chance I reckon, perfect chance this saturday, all weight lifted of the team's shoulders in a cup tie. (Usually)
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by tommyg »

YellowMurphy wrote:He deserves a chance I reckon, perfect chance this saturday, all weight lifted of the team's shoulders in a cup tie. (Usually)
I see it as our biggest game of the season. Normally the league should always take priority, but with our current finances, we're desperate for a win and decent draw in the fourth round. Could be the difference to keeping Benyon and co until at least the end of the campaign (and possibly even Buckle).
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

tommyg wrote: I see it as our biggest game of the season. Normally the league should always take priority, but with our current finances, we're desperate for a win and decent draw in the fourth round. Could be the difference to keeping Benyon and co until at least the end of the campaign (and possibly even Buckle).
Thats a fair point. Even so, Bevan's confidence seems low. Its up to Buckle to decide...
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

YellowMurphy wrote:He deserves a chance I reckon, perfect chance this saturday, all weight lifted of the team's shoulders in a cup tie. (Usually)
he might deserve a chance, but not in this game. bevan will be in goal.

over the season bevs will have earned us more points than he has lost us.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

GreenwichGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by GreenwichGull »

SuperNickyWroe - agreed, mistakes always more costly for a goalie but overall Bevan has been outstanding this season and has won the team points on his own when covering for the mistakes of others further up the field!