Torquayfans.com Player of the season award

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

westbaygull wrote:I agreed when Gulliball mentioned this that it's a good idea..two points I would make however. Firstly that 5 players is maybe stretching it a bit, would it not be better to just vote on the top two or three outstanding performances? And secondly, and no offence Joe, but surely all the voting should be transparent, ie votes cast on the board and not via pm.

Not that I can remember the match 10 minutes after the final whistle these days :Oops:

That's because you're incredibly old.

Or...

This is what happens when people are allowed to drink (heavily) during matches.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yellow you can put your fishing rod away now :) ,joe has well and truely bitten :)

Think the presentation of a trophy is a very good idea,unless you are prepared to fork out for a real quality bottle of champers it just looks cheap,also it does smack of something the tff did,and this site should be different.

please,please no return to champagne gate.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

cant we give the winner a voucher for a meal at the eastern eye???? :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Soooooooooooooo

Bevs 10 points
Rest of team nil points

:lol:
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Top 5 performers:

Bevs
Branston
Robbo
Nicho
Ellis

Tells it's own story...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

To be honest, I think a presentation like this would look cheap and a rip-off of last season's shenanigans from our neighbours.

There are already official end-of-season awards which will mean far more to a player than a bottle of champers from a few keyboard warriors.

Plus, as selfish as it may sound, I already spend a heck of a lot following the Gulls. 'Just' turning up and supporting the team should be enough. After all, we're already the ones helping to fund Benners' fizzy pop, and Lil' Danny's weekly dose of pix 'n' mix.

So based on that, count Scrooge out.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I've just read your PM Joe, as I've moved up to Scotland and I don't have internet access for the next couple of weeks. I'll create 6 threads now for the 6 games already played, so we have all the data. We can discuss the rest of it over the season, as there's no rush at all. It would be interesting to see the results.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats