Recent Management Casualties

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Recent Management Casualties

Post by wodger of awabia »

Laws .....Burnley
D.Fergy....P.N.E.

Others likely to follow;

Will Buckle apply? Will he get an interview if he does?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Another colossal balls up from the world's worst dressed, rudest man. He is a shit manager and an arsehole to boot. He does nothing but trade off daddies good name and success. Not since Paris Hilton has the world been subjected to such flagrant abuse of the "my old man's got some talent and, since all talent is genetically hardwired into offspring, I must be God's gift too" routine.

I hope Titsdale goes to Bristol, the filth appoint Wankerson and duly get relegated 17 times for having a brown suited bellend in charge.

Matt.

Dave etc, feel free to move this to the rant section if you REALLY must, but I think it is relevant here. Ta.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

So fergie junior is not your best friend then Matt :)

Whilst i loved your rant,i would suggest that 2 automatic promotions with peterbrough may have helped him get the Preston job,maybe Fergie junior will be the new favourite for the Bristol Rovers job ;-)
Formerly known as forevertufc
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

i think matt could be talking about either of them!

always thought laws was useless as a manager - couldnt cut it in the championship never mind the prem.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Port Vale's Micky Adams has gone on to Sheffield United, and some of their fans are saying that they want Buckle. Its only who some of their fans want, but if he's rejecting L1 teams then he'd be mental for going to a team in our league. They are bigger than us, but I wouldn't see it as an upwards move at all.

Still, can't see anything official coming of it.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Immediately when I saw Adams had gone I thought they would possibly go for buckle, they are a bigger club and are most likely to be a league above us next year. It's unlikely he'll leave for them- Rovers is more a possibilty in my opinion.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I'm not sure that I'd see Buckle at Vale - for some reason I just don't see it fitting, doesn't seem right.

That aside, I think it'd be a mistake for him to go there - their fans will be expecting promotion and Buckle would have to deliver. With it being the first time he would take over another club, it remains to be seen whether he can get another side to play "his" way. If he fails and Vale miss out on Promotion, then he'd almost immediately lose faith of the fans and be on borrowed time.

If we went to Rovers on the other hand, if he can't get that squad to play his way and gets them relegated, he can blame the previous regime and buy himself more time to get it right. Hopefully that theory makes sense - whether there is any basis to it I don't know!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I dislike Fergie Jr because he was very rude to me when he bought to Plainmoor whichever shitbox team he previously managed, he dressed like a Mars bar and refused to sign my programme, despite my waiting for ages for him to come out. And I asked politely, git!

As for PB,I'm not bothered by the shortening of the odds, gamblers look for value, rather than anything else, and at 8s, PB definitely represented good value, a shortening was inevitable. There are a million jobs out there with which PB may be linked, why not eh, he's a good manager with a good profile.

He won't go to Vale, it is simply not a big enough step up, even if they get promoted. The juice simply is not worth the squeeze. Brizzle is more attractive, prehaps we are somewhat swayed by the geographic proximity?

Sadly (or not) I feel there are sufficient managers with experience and proven records who would not incur a compensation payment available in the open market for Bucks to be genuinely in the running for any job at the moment. Maybe if we go up, and a Championship side need someone cheap next season?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"