How has 2010 been for TUFC?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

How has 2010 been for TUFC?

Post by tktufc91 »

So 2010 has come and nearly gone and what a year it's been for TUFC. From relegation threatened to table toppers to play-off contenders in twelve short months.

This is something I've just done, it's twelve questions on your opinions of how the club has done in 2010, plus a few predictions near the end.

In one word, how has 2010 been for Torquay United Football Club?

Progressive

How do you feel ending the year in 8th place?

Slightly dissapointed we couldn't stay in the play-off zone, but through no fault of our own. A good place to continue our play-off charge.

Where were you expecting the club to finish by the new year at the start of the season?

Probably around the mid-table area, 12th or 13th.

What has been your favourite Torquay moment in 2010?

There's been a few, but the one that sticks out for me was the Aldershot match back in April. Great crowd, great atmosphere and great result.

And what has been your worst?

Again, there's been a few, probably the Macclesfield game earlier this season, after such a great start, it was a real gut check.

Who would you like to see come to the club in the transfer window?

Probably another striker, if Benyon were to leave in January, I can't see who will score our goals. Kee hasn't found his scoring boots yet and Gritts hasn't really had a chance to prove himself in the starting 11.

Who would you like to see gone in the transfer window?

No one.

How well has Paul Buckle done this year?

He has done a fantastic job. Although I was on the Buckle out trail (I admit it), to end the season as strong as we did and go on that brilliant clean sheet record really deserves credit where it's due.

Your opinions on the clubs board of directors?

The reason why we have a football club in Torquay. Always willing to do whatever it takes to move our club forward and sourced a lot of money getting us out of the BSP. Don't know how much more money they can provide through their own pockets, but always want to help the club out in what ever whey they can.

(RIP Paul Bristow)

Who will be promoted?

Chesterfield 1st, Port Vale 2nd, Rotherham 3rd, Shrewsbury play-offs

Who will be relegated?

Hereford and Barnet

Where will we finish come the end of the season?

Still optimistic of a 7th place finish, but top half finish this season will be good for us.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Nervy!

After an excellent start, we drop significantly in performance but to go 10 games without a win Im delighted with 8th place.

Where were you expecting the club to finish by the new year at the start of the season?

14th

Although I wasn't in the country at the time it would have to be the 5-0 against Rochdale. Personally winning 5-0 against Darlington was the favourite moment I witnessed! Although being the only club in leagues 1 and 2 to go 4 unbeaten this season was brilliant.

All these postponed games!

Calvin Zola-

We basically need a tall striker!

Gritton

Very well considering how tight the funds are at tufc, I've noticed he has managed to get more contacts this year and had even been invited by Sir Alex to carrington.

They've struggled though these times, the postponements have hit them harder but they are willing to cover the costs. They are willing to listen to supporters to try new ideas in an attempt for more supporters.

Who will be promoted?

Chesterfield 1st, Port Vale, Wycombe.
Rotherham PO.
Who will be relegated?

Hereford and Accrington

9th
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

Progressive

I think us going in the play-offs or actually going up would be false hope, all of our players need at least 1 more year I think.

Probably 13th-16th

Promotion, 5-0 Rochdale, or 0-3 Grimsby

Macclesfield at home

With Elliot most likely leaving in january, a similar striker to him, not necessarily

Benyon, get money for him while we can.

He has done a fantastic job. 8/10 Done almost everything within the budget. Im sure we all wouldve took this league position at the start of 2010

The reason why we have a football club in Torquay. Always willing to do whatever it takes to move our club forward.

(RIP Paul Bristow)

Who will be promoted?

Port Vale 1st Chesterfield 2nd Wycombe 3rd Bury Play offs.

Who will be relegated?

Hereford and Lincoln

10th, depending on what happends in january.