Crossbar Challenge

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Crossbar Challenge

Post by westbaygull »

Ooh...

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 27,00.html

In the unlikely event that my number is picked, and they do not class me as being 'not physically able' (depends if they count footwear as a disability), who wants to be my substitute...? ;-)

Hope this takes off, it seems to be a common complaint at many clubs about the lack of half time entertainment, so all credit to the Club for this initiative. A troupe of dancing men would have been my preferred option, but hey ho, can't grumble.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

That's actually a pretty good idea. I could see it rolling over because the Crossbar Challenge is really quite tricky.

At New York Red Bulls they have a thing where you have to try to score from 45 yards. With a keeper there. Now that is keeping it difficult! The guys I've seen do it have never even reached the goal, it's actually rather pathetic. I'm there again tomorrow (meeting Thierry Henry) so I'll put my name forward.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Better make sure I don't rip my ticket up after the first prize from now on then...

:|
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

First winner yesterday, he got the biggest cheer of the afternoon I reckon. First strike - bang. £100. Well done fella!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Well done to him! We needed him on the pitch! Actually we needed the superheroes on the pitch!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

We got plenty of those on the pitch but they hitting the woodwork also. Have the squad got it there heads that if they hit the crossbar they get a prize too?
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

yellowmonkey wrote:We got plenty of those on the pitch but they hitting the woodwork also.
Ah yes but at least he hit what he was aiming at :)

And even though it was a bad performance and we lost, we did score 3 on Saturday :rofl:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.