Are we in the crap?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Are we in the crap?

Post by yellowmonkey »

Just read this and starting to feel as if money is tighter than expected at United.

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/tufc/ ... ticle.html
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Exactly what I was referring to when I made this post

Southampton Gull wrote:I think our ability to hang on to Ellis Benyon and O'Kane will be more of a factor in deciding the direction our season takes. I hope the Club can afford to turn down the bids on offer with these games being called off, Boxing Day game is looking unlikely now, so I'm told. Let's hope for a break in the cold snap, a bumper crowd on the 26th and a Board that has the strength to keep their nerve and hold on to our key players.

Hats off to the Board for putting their hands in their pockets but they can't keep doing it, something has to give.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

This recent cold snap has hit us hard by the looks of it. Two home postponements against two play-off contenders (which may have put our crowds up by just a fraction.) Now we've got to re-arrange these games during the week where naturally, you would expect lower crowds.

My hats off to the board for dipping their hands in their pockets, but after reading the herald, I wonder now whether we should let Benners go for a fee.

We could really do with a good FA Cup run. If we can beat Carlisle and get a decent draw in the next round, then we may be ok.

I say to everyone, try and bring a friend or two with you next monday to support the lads. Those (like me) who can only go to a few home games a season, try your best to get yourself down there. I know I will be! :)
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

The cold snap has stiffed us all. The ice queen is in season and it won t end until she s at the lowest point of the wave. Then everything around will be moist, damp and soggy.

Now back on topic : are we in the crap. The answer is some of us are not enthusiastic brown nosers who are eager to stick their hooters into where sh*t happens.

We have postponed games, not cancelled games, so income will flow in from the rearrangements. How much income depends on how many attendees.

AT TEND SHUN !

Don t shun, be there stood up like a dick, rampant, roaring and ready to explode encouragement.

The Cup game against Carlisle is now of strategic importance for the rest of the season.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Bad news, but not at all unexpected. I reckon 25 people must take a salary from United. That of course is inevitable for a proffessional club, and you do not pay for that with 2,000 crowds 25 times a season.

I don't have an easy solution, but I do think positivity is key here.

Luckily everyone on this forum appears to back the team. The newly set up ultras club can only help add excitment on match day.

I think it is always the case that the most important supporter is not the one that goes to Barrow on a Tueday night, but the one visiting Plainmoor for the first time.

We must make these new supporters feel very welcome, we must encourage tourists to visit, and give more help to away fans (perhaps kids for a quid for Burton, Rotherham, Crewe and Cheltenham fans....lets encouarge them to bunk off school!....after all visiting Devon is an education in itself!)

Above all the FA CUP match against Carlisle is important for all the wrong reasons. We have a reasonable chance of making the 4th round. That gives us a reasonable chance of drawing a Premiership Club, sky cameras, merchandise etc. It could be life saying for TUFC
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

Post by doogull »

im bringing 6 friends with me that never go to plainmoor for the cup match and will spend £60 each no probs thats my bit and who knows they might even come again. coyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Silvergull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Silvergull »

I only skimmed the article, but surely this is purely a cash-flow issue and nothing more?
As with all businesses, when you unexpectedly lose revenue that your 6 month P+L has accounted for (whether due to a loss of match-day income due to postponements, or due to bad debtors as per most companies) this impacts the cash-flow.

This, to a large extent, isn't lost revenue. I'll accept a small arguement that a tuesday night fixture should see a decrease in attendence. However, I'd counter this to say that December fixtures are notouriously poorly attended (when no local derby's are on offer) due to the expensive nature of Xmas hitting the disposable income of your regular Torquinion, and so the fixtures being spread may infact increast the attendence.

This money will be recouped, and therefore the directors loans repaid and we'll be 'all square'.

Standard business practice, and I'm far happier we've taken this route rather then that of 'preferential creditors'.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Do we really need to sell players? I am sure we have made a little bit of money by "getting rid" of Senda and Carlisle.
What we need is football again, and another decent run of wins.

Oh, and a place in the fourth round of the cup would be nice too......

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This news to me was not in any way unexpected,the club would have budgeted against gate receipts for three matchs in December,in reality the income received for December from the gate was £0,plus the club will have to wear the cost of three postponed games.

Has this put the club in the crap,no more than it already was,as the club will recoup the majority of the lost income,however not all of it,the real body blow was the loss of the Cheltenham match as there is no doubt that would have attracted a bumber crowd.

The only suprise for me is the fact that the club chose to go public with this information,i dont why they have done this,maybe to try and prod some of our stawaway fans to come back?to me there was no need,and this could turn into a p/r gaffe by the club.

We all know there is more than passing intrest in some of our players,and this news may give the impression to some clubs that our finaces are out of control,which i dont not believe to be the case,and may atrract even more cheeky under value bids for our players.

I hope the club does have the nerve to turn down bids unless they are of the correct value,and once again as a fan thank the board for digging deep to support the club.
Formerly known as forevertufc