GAME OFF!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
luke97
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: kevin hill

Post by luke97 »

Could have moved the game to the beach, Rotherham would have been quite at home I should think judging by the amount of sand we had to play on up at the Don Valley stadium last year!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

yellowforever wrote: Is there a 'post of the year' contest?
If there isn't, I think there should be. Since I have seen only this vote, we can only reasonably conclude that I must win.

Are you still here Super? I was rather hoping that God's Christmas present to the gene pool might be to remove you from it :clap:

Thanks, by the way, Yellow, I like it when people like my posts.

In other news, I've just had a look on MillersMad and by Christ, don't northerners whinge on! Giving it all the mouth about launching a class action lawsuit against TUFC (as if this might be playing out in an episode of Judge Judy.) Boo-frigging-hoo, so you spent a few hours on the road. It wasn't as if you didn't know it was snowing and the roads were bad. It was your own stupid faults to make the appalling decision to travel from Yorkshire to Devon in blizzard conditions.
They really don't see the irony of, in one post, saying that the match should have been called off on Friday, then in the next, claiming that TUFC are to blame for their stupidity in travelling on the Saturday when they KNEW full well that the chances are the match would be off.
Equally, they're all blaming TUFC, the club, as if we weren't desperate for the match to be played. Wash the coal dust out of your ears and have a listen to the following RUFC: The match was called off by Devon and Cornwall Police, not TUFC. It is not the fault of TUFC if your manager doesn't feel the need to phone his club on Friday night when it is throwing show down as if it's going out of fashion. It is not the fault of TUFC if a small section of your supporters are too stupid to realise that a 700 mile round trip, in a coach, on ice, in one day, when the news has been full of nothing but police advice not to travel unless your journey is completely necessary, is not a good idea.

As for the one or two who are having a pop at the division RUFC are in, I have news for you, you are in L2 on merit. Without the chap who is far, far too good for this division, who wants to have a guess as to where in the table RUFC would be?
10th - nope, guess again.
13th - fraid not.
17th - hell no, keep going down.
Surely 20th is low enough? Nope, not even close.

In fact, they'd be 23rd, one place off bottom, in the relegation zone, with a goal difference of minus 7. Now, I hear some muffled cries from the back of the room telling me that if my aunty had bollocks, she'd be my uncle, and this is very true, but my aunty isn't banging on about how she ought to be on the cover of Men's Health magazine.

In summary, PIPE DOWN MILLERS.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Was gutted this game was off, I'd planned for my mate from Leicester who was down to get behind the gulls on Saturday. The snow was all melted by midday surely? I hope the club are giving free entry to those that came with a shovel?!! Fair play to those that did.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

UpminsterGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by UpminsterGull »

Trojan 67 wrote:What a day it's been. First there was a plume of smoke that could be seen coming from the otherside of Waldon Hill. Later I find out it's the derelict Palm Court Hotel gone up in flames.

Next comes the fruitless snow clearing exercise at Plainmoor followed by gritting the hill near my home after cars were skewed across it. Yeah, used my own sand from my retaining wall project because effin USAT (Unitary Status Authority Torbay) failed in their duty to grit a one in four hill on a well known backrun through Ellacombe. :red:

Have just come in from playing Lux taffic lights/policeman directing drivers away from the slippery conditions. I'm knackered, I'm hungry and haven't even seen the football results. :@

Good thing is I'm gonna murder at least a gallon of ale tonight. See you all tomorrow. :-D

Sad to hear that Palm Court Hotel burnt down. My great grandfather used to own it many years ago and my grandfather managed it beofre the war. Also the Hydra in Paignton. Away teams playing at Torquay often used to stay there.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

cant see the boxing game being called off, good weather forecasted over the next few days, fingers crossed!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Damn..Just checked the BBC 5 day forecast..... Minus 8 expected Friday night :(

Fingers crossed for a warm Saturday and Sunday morning :O
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

It seems the second of my two postings has attracted some attention on the MillersMad site. The best comeback I read was "LOL, what a weirdo." Well, LOL, for a start, marks the poster down as a retard, so I think it's fair to say that this comment can be discounted.
As for the chap who said, "so what if Le Fondre scored all our goals, he is our player." While this is undeniably true, the point of my post (or that part of it at least) was to demonstrate that RUFC are a two bit team being carried by one man, and, should that man leave, you'd be in dire trouble because you have no one to replace even half of what he does for you. And before you all quote this and bang on if and when you beat us in the rearrangment, I'm not in the slightest bit interested, my math still holds true that without Alfie, you'd be up a well known creek without a paddle. So, please Millers, no more talk of L2 being tinpot and RUFC being masters of the universe, you're down here because you're not a good enough TEAM to be any higher. Good luck to you, honestly, good luck, I hope you go up via the playoffs and we go up as champions, but don't pretend you're the finished article, you're not, and I know which team my money would be on to stay in L1 if we both got promoted.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Fletch wrote:Damn..Just checked the BBC 5 day forecast..... Minus 8 expected Friday night :(

Fingers crossed for a warm Saturday and Sunday morning :O

:O aswell.

As long as there is no snow to shift, as the previous effort has given me a trapped nerve in arm/shoulder. :(

Luckily, it isn't my drinking arm. :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Looking on the bright side of the Bury postponement, our travelling fans will be spared a tiresome trip in what could be difficult conditions. As long as our game against Cheltenham goes ahead, then our players are spared two tiresome trips in 5 days, that is if the Hereford away game gets the ok.

Cheltenham, Oxford, Carlisle, Crewe all at home in the next couple of weeks. These games will decide the direction of the club for the rest of the season. It could also influence who stays and who goes before the end of the January window.

Let's all do our best to see all these games, get roaring to get our players scoring and make it Fortress Plainmoor the place that makes opposition players feel very afraid.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think our ability to hang on to Ellis Benyon and O'Kane will be more of a factor in deciding the direction our season takes. I hope the Club can afford to turn down the bids on offer with these games being called off, Boxing Day game is looking unlikely now, so I'm told. Let's hope for a break in the cold snap, a bumper crowd on the 26th and a Board that has the strength to keep their nerve and hold on to our key players.
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Latest weather predictions for Torquay.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2996

-5 tonight :O

-9 Christmas Day night :O :O

On Boxing Day the temperatures shoot up like a rocket, but will Plainmoor thaw out in time. Burton scenario again ? :rofl:
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Really hope the Cheltenham game survives the cold - it'll be my first trip to Plainmoor for 2 years!

Bit disappointing about the Bury game as it would have been nice to have got that one on, but on the plus side I can now use up some days annual leave and head up there myself when its rearranged.

Up until today, we hadn't done badly in the postponement stakes in the sense that they had all been home games. We wouldn't have had any tiresome midweek trips, in fact home games would possibly barely represent a change in training schedule. Could have given us a slight crucial edge in what would be six pointers.