Buckle's Belters!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sadlad
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Tynan

Buckle's Belters!

Post by sadlad »

From the People today....

League Two Torquay are playing like Premier League outfit on their travels..... because manager Paul Buckle has them training like one. Buckle's boys have won four and drawn five of their 10 away matches after using the training complexes of Manchester City and Stoke as well as Championship Derby.
The excercise has been great for team bonding, in particular the trip to City's plush Carrington facility. Big defender Guy Branston was told he couldn't park his battered, old Mercades-or as he calls it, his 'Tenerife Taxi'- in the car park next to the City boy's fancy motors, so he stuck it round the back next to a skip, much to his pals' amusement.'
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I thought it was ManUre, backed up by the mention of Carrington me thinks.

Thanks for sharing that mate. We are indeed, a very good team away from Plainmoor, some of the performances have been quite outstanding and memorable, Oxford, the battle of 10 men against all odds, Wycombe away was just something else.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

Southampton Gull wrote:I thought it was ManUre, backed up by the mention of Carrington me thinks.
They both have their training grounds in Carrington.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

TUFCfan wrote: They both have their training grounds in Carrington.
I think from memory they're only about a mile apart as the crow flies :win:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Agreed. Shrewsbury away was the best passing performance I've seen under PB.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Southampton Gull wrote:I thought it was ManUre, backed up by the mention of Carrington me thinks.

Thanks for sharing that mate. We are indeed, a very good team away from Plainmoor, some of the performances have been quite outstanding and memorable, Oxford, the battle of 10 men against all odds, Wycombe away was just something else.
Bloody hell, it's happened, Dave's got sommat wrong.

It was City, the picture posted by Pickles on Twitter was absolute class. For those who went, recall, if you will, the "carpark" behind Northwich Victoria's ground. This is exactly what this thing behind the training ground of the world's richest club looked like, except City's had a skip and a Mercedes which looked as if it should have been in the skip.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

ferrarilover wrote: Bloody hell, it's happened, Dave's got sommat wrong.

It was City, the picture posted by Pickles on Twitter was absolute class. For those who went, recall, if you will, the "carpark" behind Northwich Victoria's ground. This is exactly what this thing behind the training ground of the world's richest club looked like, except City's had a skip and a Mercedes which looked as if it should have been in the skip.

Matt.
what is his twitter, i want to see the picture :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Brano1979.

That'll be one MOTM vote please.

Matt.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

cheers and i dont know if i can change now from jeff to you, next month though .. maybe ;-)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Of course you can, just put it in the thread at the top of the main page. It's my Christmas present from the board members, Christmas No. 1

Matt.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

ferrarilover wrote:Of course you can, just put it in the thread at the top of the main page. It's my Christmas present from the board members, Christmas No. 1

Matt.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll be Christmas No.1. You are more than welcome to be the first MOTM of 2011 though :)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

sadlad wrote:From the People today....

League Two Torquay are playing like Premier League outfit on their travels..... because manager Paul Buckle has them training like one. Buckle's boys have won four and drawn five of their 10 away matches after using the training complexes of Manchester City and Stoke as well as Championship Derby.
The excercise has been great for team bonding, in particular the trip to City's plush Carrington facility. Big defender Guy Branston was told he couldn't park his battered, old Mercades-or as he calls it, his 'Tenerife Taxi'- in the car park next to the City boy's fancy motors, so he stuck it round the back next to a skip, much to his pals' amusement.'
I'm not a Paul Buckle knocker, so am pleased he and the team are getting recognition. As I put on another thread elsewhere :

Re: New player.
by Trojan 67 » 30 Nov 2010, 19:11

I d be pleased to see more emerging talent arrive on loan from Premier/Championship clubs. Our fine young manager has settled in to the task very well indeed and knows he knows he s still learning. The proof for all to see is the improvement made by Mark Ellis, Elliot Benyon, Chris Robertson, Euan O kane etc. Ashley Hemmings and Joe Oastler have also settled in well also. These two young players look to have futures for sure.

Bucks is slowly but surely building up his contacts book. He has earned a reputation for developing talent. To higher League teams who have ambitions of securing Paul Buckle I say why ?

Leave Bucks in place and send us your 1st/2nd year pros. What you ll get back will be a man able to play against men.
The poster previously known as Ellacombe Buhy.
Trojan 67

Favourite player: Tommy Spratt
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Jeff wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll be Christmas No.1. You are more than welcome to be the first MOTM of 2011 though :)
I'll take that as a vote. :)

You, of course, are correct about the Christmas No.1 thing.

Matt.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I have a question Matt..

If you do get the honour, will you shut up about it!? ;-)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

NickGull wrote:I have a question Matt..

If you do get the honour, will you shut up about it!? ;-)
he might nick.

but its more funny that he doesnt win it! :lol:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468