Match bans for four Gulls fans ...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Match bans for four Gulls fans ...

Post by Trojan 67 »

… but no arrests among United supporters.

Headline from page 10 of the paper version of the Herald Express, Wednesday December 10th 2010.
The article then continues :

“Four Torquay United fans are currently barred from attending matches – compared to none last year.
But latest Home Office figures indicate there were no arrests of Gulls supporters last season, compared to two in 2008/09.
The measure was introduced to prevent known hooligans from causing trouble at home and abroad.
The bans last between two and ten years, and conditions can be varied on a case by case basis.
If necessary the courts can bar people from using public transport on match days and from visiting potential “hotspots” such as town centres, pubs and bars.”

Anybody got any dirt ? Time to name and shame ? Or do we let it go and move on ?

I m of the school of thought that says as there were no arrests, we let it go and move on..

As for the gang of four it s still … :red:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

I would say let it go. You can get banned for next to nothing these days.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Much less than others in our league.

See here for a discussion..

http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.p ... ng-orders/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I do not think it would be fair or right to name and shame any of these four.

The one question we must ask ourselfs though is,what have these fans been banned for?

I do know who one of these four (he is not what i would call a friend,just someone i stand near and have got to know),i know what he has been banned for,i will not comment further only to add in this case,gross over aduse of power by our stewards,and at a time when we are desperate to increase attendances wants looking at.

Not having a go at you Trojan ,however before we judge remember there is two sides to most stories .
Formerly known as forevertufc
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

It was probably for standing on the yellow paint on the Pop Side

Hanging's too good for 'em.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

forevertufc wrote:I do not think it would be fair or right to name and shame any of these four.

The one question we must ask ourselfs though is,what have these fans been banned for?

I do know who one of these four (he is not what i would call a friend,just someone i stand near and have got to know),i know what he has been banned for,i will not comment further only to add in this case,gross over aduse of power by our stewards,and at a time when we are desperate to increase attendances wants looking at.

Not having a go at you Trojan ,however before we judge remember there is two sides to most stories .
Agree with your post forevertufc. I'll take my moan about the stewards to the thread created for moans.

If one poster posts all the relevant questions then no other poster is given the opportunity to ask any other. As your question asks, to know what these fans have been banned for would be revealing. Hope it wasn't for something stupid like filming the match action on a mobile. Stupid that is in the context of steward action. You do know that if anyone of them got hospitalised good and proper that they would never steward again. Their common sense is telling them that what they're ordered to do does not make sense. You then remain in the job and take the consequences of not using common sense.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Trojan 67 wrote:… but no arrests among United supporters.

Headline from page 10 of the paper version of the Herald Express, Wednesday December 10th 2010.
The article then continues :

“Four Torquay United fans are currently barred from attending matches – compared to none last year.
But latest Home Office figures indicate there were no arrests of Gulls supporters last season, compared to two in 2008/09.
The measure was introduced to prevent known hooligans from causing trouble at home and abroad.
The bans last between two and ten years, and conditions can be varied on a case by case basis.
If necessary the courts can bar people from using public transport on match days and from visiting potential “hotspots” such as town centres, pubs and bars.”

Anybody got any dirt ? Time to name and shame ? Or do we let it go and move on ?

I m of the school of thought that says as there were no arrests, we let it go and move on..

As for the gang of four it s still … :red:

Wednesday December 10th 2010?

Surely not?
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Wednesday December 1st. :Oops:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Lol, I thought you might have been pulling a fast one, thanks for clearing that up ;-)
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I'm
Southampton Gull wrote:Lol, I thought you might have been pulling a fast one, thanks for clearing that up ;-)
I'm putting the cap back on the cider bottle and going to bed. :-D
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I have somebody I wish to name and shame, somebody whos not currently banned but I feel should be for crimes against football.

He currently resides in Zurich.

Answers on a post card.
TUST MEMBER No. 166

JOHNSON HAD A DREAM
TO BUILD FOOTBALL TEAM
HE HAD NO JOB SO HE CAME TO THE GULLS
WITH CAMERON AT THE BACK
AND REIDY IN ATTACK
WE'RE TORQUAY UNITED
WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK !!
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

happytorq wrote:It was probably for standing on the yellow paint on the Pop Side

Hanging's too good for 'em.
:) :) Nice one, haps..
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Dave_Pougher wrote: He currently resides in Zurich.

Answers on a post card.
Is this the man top of your Christmas card list, DP? Is that where he is?
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

forevertufc wrote:I do not think it would be fair or right to name and shame any of these four.

Would it be over a toilet paper issue?????

If we are thinking of the same person I agree, stupid reasoning to be kicked out and I know the club have since revoked the ban, so will that show up on the stats?

These stats are all fair and good, but like Forever says you have no idea why they are banned or arrested. Surely you could be done for non football related incidents (carrying class C drugs into the ground) but you then become a stat as a troublesome fan. They should change the stats to show those who have been done for "violence" only and get a clearer picture where the troubled clubs really are.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I got pulled at the Popside turnstiles recently for a suspect bulge in my clothing. :O

Maybe they thought I had a horn in my pocket. In a way I did. :lol:

It was my pocket radio and thermal hat.