Torquay V. Walsall Review- From A Saddler

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sadlad
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Tynan

Torquay V. Walsall Review- From A Saddler

Post by sadlad »

Thought I would share this with you, folks. Not written by me, but a fellow Walsall fan who suffered in the away end.
What are your thoughts on his review? The penalty awarded-was it a pen? I've not seen it on tv and didn't have a great view of it myself. As you know I share this writer's view that Gulls deserved the win.....

http://www.walsall.web-fans.com/index.p ... le&id=1039
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Fair report - although it was a stonewall penalty. I have seen it on the telly Hemmings legs got taken out from under him.

Your keeper was awesome on the day and had some good banter with the fans.

Best of luck in your relegation struggles, I hope we play you next year in the league and it is a League 1 fixture not a League 2 one!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
sadlad
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by sadlad »

Cheers Rich...

T'would be great to meet Gulls in L1 next season.

Couldn't believe my luck a few years ago when Gulls v. Saddlers was an early season Sat fixture. The game wasn't the best 0-0 and we had Roper sent off on about 20 mins but great to make a weekend of it and enjoyed the stay at Torquay.

I was on the way to the kiosk to get a Bovril to warm up and just turned when the player went down in the box. I will catch it on tv sometime I guess but take your word for it. Yes Walker was terrific and sort of went to save the pen but was hit with power and had no chance. As several other WFC fans were saying on the way home we were lucky to escape with a 0-1.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

This is not the first instance of a Warsaw fan claiming loudly and incessantly that it wasn't a penalty. Shall I remove any doubt for you? Had the defender pulled out a gun and shot through the head Ashley Hemmings, it would have been less of a penalty. I spoke to Ash after the match and he described the incident. He was looking to Cruyff both 'keeper and defender when he had his planted leg taken from underneath him. Nailed on does not do it justice. I wouldn't mind, but the incident was broadcast on national television a mere 5 hours after the final whistle!

Not having a go at you Sadlad, but it was, even from first viewing, absolutely stone wall, and I was 100 yards away.

Other than that, I think he was a little harsh on your lot. While I'm sure you are pissed off with having failed to beat a team from the division below, and, while you weren't exactly good, you weren't quite as terrible as he makes it sound, expecially late on as we sat deep.

Shall follow the remainder of your season with interest.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
sadlad
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by sadlad »

Hi Ferrarilover.

No mate I missed it, just turned round after the event. I never went home on return to Walsall.. headed into town and had 6 pints to numb the feeling of being knocked out the cup! I remember Matt Richards having a shot on target from range in the first half, Steve Jones flicking one over when he came on as sub and in the last minute Alex Nicholls failing to connect properly with just Bevan to beat but other than that we didn't do a lot.