home tie to carlisle then

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

On their board, they are all yabbering on about queueing all night to get a ticket etc. They all appear to be absolutely over the moon at getting TUFC away. Now, this might be well veiled sarcasm on their part. It might be that they genuinely feel we will provide a challenge and it's a big game. However, I suspect their fans believe they may well see the biggest away win in FA Cup history.

Any Carlisle-ites care to set straight the record?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

If it is of any concelation I am heading back to Plainmoor for this one, not for the glamour of a home tie with Carlisle, but because this gives us a bloody good chance for the 4th round draw. I was watching the draw thinking big club, big club like most of us. Then the likes of Dover popped up and as much as that would have been a nice away game for us, I think we have a better chance at home to a bunch of league 1 hopefuls than Dover away.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

BernardB wrote:Could have been worse, could have been drawn away? Try this for an all-too-possible scenario:

1. A boring draw at Plainmoor and we're faced with the long flog up north.

2. Into the fourth round draw, winners away to Manchester United.

3. Lose by a blatantly unfair penalty at Carlisle.
The travelling for a replay wouldn't be so bad. If the replay is 10 days after the original cup tie, then it'll be the Tuesday after we're at Morecambe. Not sure what distances are like between Morecambe and Carlisle, but I'd imagine/hope that the squad would stay up there. A bit expensive, but surely better than travelling up, down, up and down again. :O
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ferrarilover wrote: 'Ere, BarnsleyGull, I want a word with you!

Either be nice, or I'll set Joe Barlow on you. :)

Matt.
dont be soft matt, im not exactly shaking in my shoes at that "frightening" prospect! :lol:

its that funny even my whippet is laughing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT - And what is smiffy clapping at?? :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

luknorth
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: wayne rooney

Post by luknorth »

morecambe is approx 50 miles south of carlisle in a county called lankasheer. most of the replies on the carlisle board are only tongue in cheek and shouldnt be taken too seriously. please dont think that our fans are bigging us up. as i said its just tongue in cheek. do you honestly think that we are looking fprward to a 700+ mile round trip to play torquay united? i might pop down your way with my 12 year old son and maybe stay over the night. he aint seen the channel yet!! will also probably pay on the day as i cannot see it being an away day sellout!! good luck in the 4th round chaps n chappesses ... may the best team win..... i also cant be arsed hitting the caps lock button....... blue army!! :)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

ferrarilover wrote:On their board, they are all yabbering on about queueing all night to get a ticket etc. They all appear to be absolutely over the moon at getting TUFC away. Now, this might be well veiled sarcasm on their part. It might be that they genuinely feel we will provide a challenge and it's a big game. However, I suspect their fans believe they may well see the biggest away win in FA Cup history.

Any Carlisle-ites care to set straight the record?

Matt.
I think it may be some light hearted humour to help them get over the fact that last year in round 3 they drew Everton away,and this year they get an away trip to mighty Torquay :-D
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

If you think how many times over the last season's we have made round three,we were due a massive draw and yet again lady luck turns up sweet f.a,no diss-respect meant to Carlisle of course.

Carlisle are a more genuine league 1 side than Walsall ,who sorry sadlad looked relegation fodder as far as league 1 is concerned,however the brightside to this is ,as pointed out above ,this truely is a winnable tie for us,so maybe if we make round four,our F.a cup due's will be payed.
Last edited by Dave on 29 Nov 2010, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

luknorth wrote: good luck in the 4th round chaps n chappesses
We're through to the 4th already, or are you just an extremely negative Carlisle fan! ;-)

As for Morecambe being 50 miles away, I would expect us to stay up there for the 3 nights or so then. If it goes to a replay, of course, which I hope it doesn't.
luknorth
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by luknorth »

just wishing you all the luck in the 4th round thats all!!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

[quote/]'Ere, BarnsleyGull, I want a word with you!

Either be nice, or I'll set Joe Barlow on you. :)

Matt.[/quote]

dont be soft matt, im not exactly shaking in my shoes at that "frightening" prospect! :lol:

its that funny even my whippet is laughing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT - And what is smiffy clapping at?? :rofl:[/quote]

Did I mention he would be wearing nothing but stilettos and a single pink marigold?

Smiffy is applauding my superior intellect and wickedly funny wit, surely this is obvious?

Matt.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

forevertufc wrote: I think it may be some light hearted humour to help them get over the fact that last year in round 3 they drew Everton away,and this year they get an away trip to mighty Torquay :-D
We are going to need some industrial strength comedy on that basis. I'd take Everton this year and Droylesden next year over Coventry (jammy bastards) last year and Carlisle this year.

Matt.
MIGHTY_CUFC
Trialist
Trialist

Post by MIGHTY_CUFC »

Carlisle is really buzzing at the minute with the anticipation of the trip to the mighty torquay :scarf:

There is a concern though that we may not get enough tickets. Someone mentioned that we might only get 4500 tickets :'( If this is the case I think people will be camping out at least 2 days beforehand. I fear that the home ends will be taken over by Carlisle fans if we don't get extra tickets. This is the biggest match since we played Roma away in 1972.

:ball1:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Almost as buzzing at Torquay town in anticipation of the visit of the mighty Carlisle. :rofl:

Matt.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

MIGHTY_CUFC wrote:Carlisle is really buzzing at the minute with the anticipation of the trip to the mighty torquay :scarf:

There is a concern though that we may not get enough tickets. Someone mentioned that we might only get 4500 tickets :'( If this is the case I think people will be camping out at least 2 days beforehand. I fear that the home ends will be taken over by Carlisle fans if we don't get extra tickets. This is the biggest match since we played Roma away in 1972.

:ball1:
Hah!

Well, it made me laugh.

It would really suck if the game got called off at 230 pm, though. seem to remember that happening to Darlington for a night game a few years back.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
luknorth
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by luknorth »

it appened at hartlepool on sadda...... the yeovil fans werent happy!