home tie to carlisle then

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Chow Mein
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Bruno Meirelles

Post by Chow Mein »

Absolutely hilarious TommyG :) :) :) :) :) So true!
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

Is it me or is the crazy fox on their home page weird????

http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/page/Home
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Seems the Carlisle fans on their footy mad site are thinking pretty much the same as us, though one or two are a bit cocky, counting the prize money already.
Some, on the other hand, think we could be a handful.
It's too early to predict, let's see how results go in the next month but it's not a fixture beyond us, it would be stupid for anyone to write us off.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

have you got a link HRG?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Chow Mein wrote:Absolutely hilarious TommyG :) :) :) :) :) So true!

+1 :clap:

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

sadlad wrote:Tell me....

Who do you want in Round 4?

:)
Sadlad,

Firstly, I'll add my (virtually worthless) congratulations to you for being a jolly good sport and not a total cock (NTFC anyone?)

Secondly, did you go to the aforementioned 2-1 defeat of Carlisle? Any chance of giving us an insight into how they played? Re-post a couple of typical or contrasting match reports from your forum?

Matt.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

You can't elect MOTM based on ONE post! I make dozens of equally amusing posts every week and nary an award is mine!

Matt.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ferrarilover wrote:You can't elect MOTM based on ONE post! I make dozens of equally amusing posts every week and nary an award is mine!

Matt.
shut up matt. :lol: :lol:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

GazNorthernGull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by GazNorthernGull »

Modgull wrote:Yes, we must see it as a positive otherwise we might as well give Carlisle a bye!

Its up to us supporters to urge the team on into round 4 and a match against Arsenal Chelsea Man U or L'pool.
Not Arsenal, Leeds will beat them ;-)
GazNorthernGull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by GazNorthernGull »

"What a tie," Noel beams after picking out Liverpool to face Man Utd. No it's not you bum. It's the same crap that the FA Cup dishes out most years. ITV's big-wigs will be rubbing their hands together. As for Dirty Leeds. Not content with being drawn at Old Trafford and White Hart Lane last season, now they get to enjoy at day out at the Emirates. Dirty, filthy Leeds. I live in Leeds. And I hate Leeds.

I hate the FA Cup. Magic? What magic? I have more magic in my little finger than the FA Cup. Ask Dover if they think Huddersfield away is magic. You can argue that we've been handed a winnable tie. But even if we reach the fourth round we'll be given another damp home draw against someone like Coventry. Oh hang on a second...[/quote]

Brilliant, your now my member of the month![/quote]

As for leeds, I think after their recent history they deserve a good couple of years, I mean if we were relegated down two leagues with point deductions and millions of pounds in debts due to a shoking chairman and board ( i know this happend to us on a smaller scale) I believe that they deserve some limelight, as should we.
we may not have the luck of the draw but there are positives....Do we or do we not have good memories of playing Carlisle? and their players are going to be nackered after a long trip on a friday and a freezing cold warm up on the saturday, they will miss hours of preparation and if we get an early goal they'll just want to have an early bath and back home again. I know it's not a 'Glamorous' tie but at the end of the day the prize money into the fourth round is needed and also the 'chance' to get a bigger if not all be it 'top four team' in round four would be excellend and much better than drawing Man U in this round and more than likely go out, the cups are all about momentum and i fully believe that this cup has made me a proud man of this club over recent years in this competition and now we expect at the beginning of every season that we will be in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. (Sponsered by EON, as Jim Rosenthal mentions about 23 times during every round)

Cumon you YELLOWS!!!!!!!!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: shut up matt. :lol: :lol:
'Ere, BarnsleyGull, I want a word with you!

Either be nice, or I'll set Joe Barlow on you. :)

Matt.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Bit down with the draw...good shot at R4

Cheered up quickly when I saw the lunch time score at the Gabba - my old boots!

439-1 vs the Aussies - marvellous
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
BernardB
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BernardB »

Could have been worse, could have been drawn away? Try this for an all-too-possible scenario:

1. A boring draw at Plainmoor and we're faced with the long flog up north.

2. Into the fourth round draw, winners away to Manchester United.

3. Lose by a blatantly unfair penalty at Carlisle.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

tufcgull wrote:have you got a link HRG?
The link has been put up on the 'hello from Carlisle' thread so won't repost it on here.
One of their fans thinks they'll travel down on the day rather than the Friday, that would benefit us.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I hardly slept due to my excitement at the prospect of facing Carlisle at home. Apparently you need to cheat to get rewarded with a plumb tie...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."