Atmosphere at Plainmoor today

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sadlad
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Tynan

Post by sadlad »

Could hear you loud and clear from the away end!

Our atmosphere was one of venom towards manager Chris 'Coco' Hutchings and the Walsall board.

A new lowpoint of a sorry season. :'( :( :@ :rofl:
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

It seems for SOME of you on here object to any sort of noise. The anthems were just for a laugh, overall the atmosphere was brilliant. If you don't like it don't join in. Pathetic.
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NewtonGull »

walshy wrote:It seems for SOME of you on here object to any sort of noise. The anthems were just for a laugh, overall the atmosphere was brilliant. If you don't like it don't join in. Pathetic.
you dont mind singing other clubs anthems at Torquay games then?
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

NewtonGull wrote: you dont mind singing other clubs anthems at Torquay games then?
On this occasion, it was a laugh. We sang a lot of the old Torquay songs yesterday as opposed to the regular 4 songs which was good. The drums really helped the atmosphere and we are trying to create a good atmosphere at Plainmoor regularly with a large group of us standing together. The 'Ultras' idea amongst some of the fans is an attempt to really create a good atmosphere each week, and along with the traditional support we showed what can be done. Along with bringing back some of the old songs, we tried to sing some new ones also. You have to respect that some may fail and some may suceed, but it's all in the attempt to 'bring back the noise' at Plainmoor which has been lost in recent years.
oliemarles
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by oliemarles »

walshy wrote: On this occasion, it was a laugh. We sang a lot of the old Torquay songs yesterday as opposed to the regular 4 songs which was good. The drums really helped the atmosphere and we are trying to create a good atmosphere at Plainmoor regularly with a large group of us standing together. The 'Ultras' idea amongst some of the fans is an attempt to really create a good atmosphere each week, and along with the traditional support we showed what can be done. Along with bringing back some of the old songs, we tried to sing some new ones also. You have to respect that some may fail and some may suceed, but it's all in the attempt to 'bring back the noise' at Plainmoor which has been lost in recent years.
I agree with Walshy, it was just a laugh, We sang our a***s off all game yesterday, and you complain about us having a laugh? Plus it was nice to bring back some classics from the vault, compared to the same four songs over and over and over again!
Procrastination is what built this world today! Sorry, I'm dribbling on...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Dont think any one is complaining,just helping by suggesting what chants not to sing,however i think that most will except you were only having a laugh with some.

I am 100% behind what your doing,however we all know the problem at plainmoor is how the noise carries,it is intresting that sadlad could hear from the away end,like i said was on the corners of the popside and did not hear a thing,other than just could make out a light thud from the drum.

Iam not suggesting you stop,but if us guys down on the corners cant hear you we cant join in,dont know what the answer is other than,for us fans in general to stop getting so strseed out about goal music,and to start e-mailing the club about bring forward plans to section of part of thea way end for us home fans to go in,as we know the noise does carry from the away end.
Formerly known as forevertufc
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

You can hear the Torquay fans generally quite well from the away end, but i've stood in the corners and you can't hear a thing. When the new stand is finished we should take over the away end, and maybe allocate 800 seats for the away fans. When a large following is expected, either hand the away end back or give them half of it.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Thought that the atmosphere was decent, much better than it has been recently.
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NewtonGull »

what you dont get is if you sing song's like that it will kill the atmosphere. Who else is going to join in with songs like that? I'm suggesting that if you want to create an atmosphere, sack off the liverpool and west ham songs and sing songs that everyone will know. Plus- singing You'll Never Walk Alone and Bubbles is really embarassing
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

NewtonGull wrote:what you dont get is if you sing song's like that it will kill the atmosphere. Who else is going to join in with songs like that? I'm suggesting that if you want to create an atmosphere, sack off the liverpool and west ham songs and sing songs that everyone will know. Plus- singing You'll Never Walk Alone and Bubbles is really embarassing
People did join in, and actually had a laugh. What do you want us to sing? New 'FC United fans' songs get slated, we sing you'll never walk alone as a ONE-OFF and it's 'embarrassing' and occasionally people say it's the same old songs.
And we showed that by singing yellow army with the two drums we can create an good atmosphere.
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NewtonGull »

walshy wrote: People did join in, and actually had a laugh. What do you want us to sing? New 'FC United fans' songs get slated, we sing you'll never walk alone as a ONE-OFF and it's 'embarrassing' and occasionally people say it's the same old songs.
5 or 6 kid's joined in with it it. i'd rather have the same old songs then sing you'll never walk alone. if your so keen to start new songs, use you're imagination. oh and please tell your fellow ultra's to keep it as a one off. :scarf:
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

NewtonGull wrote: 5 or 6 kid's joined in with it it. i'd rather have the same old songs then sing you'll never walk alone. if your so keen to start new songs, use you're imagination. oh and please tell your fellow ultra's to keep it as a one off. :scarf:
If 5 or 6 kids joined in, why are you so bothered by it? Okay, it was a one-off, we're not seriously contemplating adopting these songs.
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NewtonGull »

i'm bothered becuase you lot get all the songs going (fair play to ya) and noone will join in with you. where as if you started Torquay songs i'm sure other Torquay fans will join in. keep up the good noise though. first half was bouncing yesterday!
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

NewtonGull wrote:Good effort by our set of fans in the first half with a chorus of yellow army going on for a good ten minutes with what sounded like a lot of people joined in with followed by a lot of good chants.

Sadly a few kids at the back of the pop completley killed the atmosphere in the second half with chants of "You'll Never Walk Alone" and "bubbles" (West Ham's anthem) and the overkill of "oh when the gulls." The FC United fan club back there seem to be watching to many YouTube videos...

Overall a good effort, why cant we generate the atmosphere in the first half today at every home game??
NewtonGull wrote:yes... stop singing liverpool and west ham songs and more torquay songs then i will be happy. but if you insist then f**k off to anfield :clap:
NewtonGull wrote:calm?? i'm a Torquay fan. its emmbarasing mate. lucky noone could you hear you lot sing that. i wonder if any other fans in the football leauge sing them songs? if you want a change think of a different Torquay song.
NewtonGull wrote:well i can tell you that singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" is obviously not a way to create an atmosphere is it. You said it yourself, work togther (like we all did in the first half) and it will be a lot better. Complaining at every little thing i find? Singing other clubs anthems is a little bit embarassing and to me, not a "little thing" to complain about.
NewtonGull wrote:you dont mind singing other clubs anthems at Torquay games then?
NewtonGull wrote:what you dont get is if you sing song's like that it will kill the atmosphere. Who else is going to join in with songs like that? I'm suggesting that if you want to create an atmosphere, sack off the liverpool and west ham songs and sing songs that everyone will know. Plus- singing You'll Never Walk Alone and Bubbles is really embarassing
NewtonGull wrote:5 or 6 kid's joined in with it it. i'd rather have the same old songs then sing you'll never walk alone. if your so keen to start new songs, use you're imagination. oh and please tell your fellow ultra's to keep it as a one off. :scarf:
I think you've made your point pal.
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NewtonGull »

yeah. only took 8 posts to get it across.