Atmosphere at Plainmoor today

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Atmosphere at Plainmoor today

Post by NewtonGull »

Good effort by our set of fans in the first half with a chorus of yellow army going on for a good ten minutes with what sounded like a lot of people joined in with followed by a lot of good chants.

Sadly a few kids at the back of the pop completley killed the atmosphere in the second half with chants of "You'll Never Walk Alone" and "bubbles" (West Ham's anthem) and the overkill of "oh when the gulls." The FC United fan club back there seem to be watching to many YouTube videos...

Overall a good effort, why cant we generate the atmosphere in the first half today at every home game??
ChristheGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Kee :)

Post by ChristheGull »

**** hell, Will you ever be happy?!
BlueYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by BlueYellow »

I was one of the many who wanted to make an atmosphere today, and it happened. After countless 'When the gulls go marching in', we wanted to change. Doing those chants were just a laugh and there was nothing else to it, I will carry on with the shouting my arse of most songs, but they were just a joke, calm.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To me the atmosphere was as bad as normal today,i go from corner to corner on the popside,and stood on the corners you can not here what is being chanted at the half way line.

All i could hear was a dull thud of what might have been a drum,and nothing else,to me the last few minutes the normal yellow army chant got louder,have to say i do not mind copying other clubs chants rather that than nothing.

That said there are some you just dont copy,and the likes of bubbles,you never walk alone etc are among that list,just aint right.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

BlueYellow wrote:I was one of the many who wanted to make an atmosphere today, and it happened. After countless 'When the gulls go marching in', we wanted to change. Doing those chants were just a laugh and there was nothing else to it, I will carry on with the shouting my arse of most songs, but they were just a joke, calm.
I think it is great that some of you are trying to get toghether and create a betetr atmoshere,however like i said stood down on the corner of the popside,i did not hear 'the gulls go marching in' which i think is a good choice,until i was walking out after the match.
BlueYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by BlueYellow »

Well, it will just have to be louder at the Burton game right?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

BlueYellow wrote:Well, it will just have to be louder at the Burton game right?
Spot on BlueYellow,sing nice and slow,and iam sure that is one chant that a few will join with.
Florez-Florez
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Florez-Florez »

Agree with NewtonGull, first half was buzzing! But i think the kids at the back of the pop just dont understand that singing the likes of 'Youll never walk alone' is just wrong, but fair play for trying to get the atmosphere going.
The singing did sound loud from the middle of the pop but if it cant be heard then whats the point!
GIVE US THE AWAY END!!!!!!
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NewtonGull »

ChristheGull wrote:**** hell, Will you ever be happy?!
yes... stop singing liverpool and west ham songs and more torquay songs then i will be happy. but if you insist then **** off to anfield :clap:
Florez-Florez
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Florez-Florez »

BlueYellow, are you one of the so called "ultras"?
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NewtonGull »

BlueYellow wrote:I was one of the many who wanted to make an atmosphere today, and it happened. After countless 'When the gulls go marching in', we wanted to change. Doing those chants were just a laugh and there was nothing else to it, I will carry on with the shouting my arse of most songs, but they were just a joke, calm.

calm?? i'm a Torquay fan. its emmbarasing mate. lucky noone could you hear you lot sing that. i wonder if any other fans in the football leauge sing them songs? if you want a change think of a different Torquay song.
BlueYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by BlueYellow »

Florez-Florez wrote:BlueYellow, are you one of the so called "ultras"?
No not an 'ultra' :) just someone who goes every game and wants to create an atmosphere :scarf:
BlueYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by BlueYellow »

NewtonGull wrote:
calm?? i'm a Torquay fan. its emmbarasing mate. lucky noone could you hear you lot sing that. i wonder if any other fans in the football leauge sing them songs? if you want a change think of a different Torquay song.
Thats a nice thing to call us who try and make an atmosphere :rofl:
I havent said it was a positive thing in singing them, in fact, i didn't even join in. If we can all work together for a change, and not have people like you complaining at any little thing you find, it would be a lot better. So next game, lets do it again, without 'other chants', and get everyone singing!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Yes the atmosphere was better today but hardly awe-inspiring.

And the attendance was poor at 2,300.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NewtonGull »

BlueYellow wrote: Thats a nice thing to call us who try and make an atmosphere :rofl:
I havent said it was a positive thing in singing them, in fact, i didn't even join in. If we can all work together for a change, and not have people like you complaining at any little thing you find, it would be a lot better. So next game, lets do it again, without 'other chants', and get everyone singing!
well i can tell you that singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" is obviously not a way to create an atmosphere is it. You said it yourself, work togther (like we all did in the first half) and it will be a lot better. Complaining at every little thing i find? Singing other clubs anthems is a little bit embarassing and to me, not a "little thing" to complain about.