Atmosphere at Plainmoor today

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

The atmosphere went from Sh1te to cack IMO- a minimal improvement but still ... cack.
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

Parry wrote:The atmosphere went from Sh1te to cack IMO- a minimal improvement but still ... cack.
Join in then you miserable gits. :scarf: If you've all got such big mouths on here use them at the football! :ball2:
Starcross_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Starcross_Gull »

I sit in the grandstand & whilst we cannot hear all that is chanted from the 'popside' but one thing that I did pick up on y'day was that within minutes of kick off all we could hear were the chants of Exeter are sh**e etc, personnally I do not see the need for this and how can that be classed as 'getting behind your team out on the pitch?

On a positive note it was good to see a group of you getting behind the Lindsey singing on the pitch, swaying :scarf: with your scarves etc!! Other than my 1st comment thought you made great effort y'day, keep it up!!
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NewtonGull »

Starcross_Gull wrote:I sit in the grandstand & whilst we cannot hear all that is chanted from the 'popside' but one thing that I did pick up on y'day was that within minutes of kick off all we could hear were the chants of Exeter are sh**e etc, personnally I do not see the need for this and how can that be classed as 'getting behind your team out on the pitch?

On a positive note it was good to see a group of you getting behind the Lindsey singing on the pitch, swaying :scarf: with your scarves etc!! Other than my 1st comment thought you made great effort y'day, keep it up!!
thats my fav chant :scarf:
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Starcross_Gull wrote:I sit in the grandstand & whilst we cannot hear all that is chanted from the 'popside' but one thing that I did pick up on y'day was that within minutes of kick off all we could hear were the chants of Exeter are sh**e etc, personnally I do not see the need for this and how can that be classed as 'getting behind your team out on the pitch?

Nothing wrong with singing anti-exeter songs, I don't like exeter and never will.
And walshy I do join in and try to get others going but it's hard. Anything that doesnt have the words 'yellow' or 'army' seems to be a bit too exotic for most.
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

Parry wrote: Nothing wrong with singing anti-exeter songs, I don't like exeter and never will.
And walshy I do join in and try to get others going but it's hard. Anything that doesnt have the words 'yellow' or 'army' seems to be a bit too exotic for most.
True, we tended just to lay down a drum beat and see what people want to sing. Generally, a rythmic continuous thud can be used for any song :lol:
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NewtonGull »

when Yellow Army gets going with that beat of the drum with left side singing and the right side singing it sounds awesome! espeacially when it carrys on for a while aswell.
Starcross_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Starcross_Gull »

You might not like Exeter parry & like to sing anti Exeter chants but do you really think that the Torquay players out on the pitch want to hear that? Am sure they would rather hear you getting 'behind' them, who cares about Exeter, we are at Plainmoor to support Torquay are we not?
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Starcross_Gull wrote:You might not like Exeter parry & like to sing anti Exeter chants but do you really think that the Torquay players out on the pitch want to hear that? Am sure they would rather hear you getting 'behind' them, who cares about Exeter, we are at Plainmoor to support Torquay are we not?
To be honest starcross I don't think they mind. Any singing (within reason) from the fans is a positive IMO. Every club sings about their rivals- it's a laugh for the fans and the players aren't exactly going to be affected in a negative way are they?
Benno
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by Benno »

forevertufc wrote:To me the atmosphere was as bad as normal today,i go from corner to corner on the popside,and stood on the corners you can not here what is being chanted at the half way line.

All i could hear was a dull thud of what might have been a drum,and nothing else,to me the last few minutes the normal yellow army chant got louder,have to say i do not mind copying other clubs chants rather that than nothing.

That said there are some you just dont copy,and the likes of bubbles,you never walk alone etc are among that list,just aint right.
Forever, if you're annoyed with the atmosphere being bad, why are you in the corners and not in the middle singing with the rest of us?
ChristheGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Kee :)

Post by ChristheGull »

Parry wrote:
And when it does, Cl***s like newton gull make a big song and dance about it.
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NewtonGull »

ChristheGull wrote: And when it does, Cl***s like newton gull make a big song and dance about it.
got to love a song and dance :clap:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Benno wrote: Forever, if you're annoyed with the atmosphere being bad, why are you in the corners and not in the middle singing with the rest of us?
Benno,i dont recall ever saying i was annoyed at the bad atmosphere at plainmoor,what i have said on a number of times,is iam 100% behind what you guys are trying to do.

And to try to get the message across,which Walshy seems to have understood that you guys are singing your hearts out on the half way thinking you are creating a great atmosphere but half the ground can not hear you.

I heard you guys signing 'when the gulls go marching in'when i was walking out the ground it sounded really good,to create a great atmosphere you guys have got to find a way of getting that chant and others going right across the popside.
Formerly known as forevertufc
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

forevertufc wrote: Benno,i dont recall ever saying i was annoyed at the bad atmosphere at plainmoor,what i have said on a number of times,is iam 100% behind what you guys are trying to do.

And to try to get the message across,which Walshy seems to have understood that you guys are singing your hearts out on the half way thinking you are creating a great atmosphere but half the ground can not hear you.

I heard you guys signing 'when the gulls go marching in'when i was walking out the ground it sounded really good,to create a great atmosphere you guys have got to find a way of getting that chant and others going right across the popside.
It can't really be done. I've stood in both corners and not heard a thing when there could be 500-100 singing. All you can really pick up from down there is the drum beat. There's no really way we can get the whole popside singing because the noise doesn't travel. You can hear us loud and clear from the other three stands and the players can hear us when there are only 5 or 10 singing. GIVE US THE AWAY END!
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I agree, give us the away end. We proved at Histon it works a treat.
Southampton Gull and I have been pushing this for ages now.
Why give our best accoustic stand to the away fans and give them the atmosphere?

If anything, when the new grandstand is built, make them all bloody sit down!!! We hate it when it is done to us at on away trips.