Charnock moves on....

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Charnock moves on....

Post by CP Gull »

... to Morecambe.

I would imagine it will be made permanent in January and hopefully we have got some sort of money for him, enough to at least to cover what we paid Posh for him - £10k I believe.

It's a shame really as I think he has always been decent for us but realistically given his ability, his age and the fact that he is a Northern lad it was inevitable that he would move on sooner or later and rather it's now than in the summer when he would leave for nothing, that is, of course assuming we do get a fee!

His opportunities with us have been almost non existent this season largely due to the excellent pairing of Ellis and Branston. Clearly Branno occupies the position in the team that Charnock likes to play in and given GBs excellent form and remarkable disciplinary record so far with us (apart from the one blemish last season at Grimsby!) it really has been a barren time for KC.

I wish him well at Morecambe and hopefully he can secure the first team slot he is after with them.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Yep, poor KC suffered from joining us at a bad time for him. Any other season, he would probably have walked into a starting position regularly. I liked him very much and hope he does well. Cheers, KC.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

did we pay £10k to posh for him?? not very good business mr buckle if that is the case!
still keeping the faith
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Doesn t seem very forward looking to release a decent player who is cover for injuries, suspensions and loss of form for the centre back pairing.

Even Chelski with all their millions are finding that the loss of key defenders and inadequate replacements can be costly...
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
gullinhert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by gullinhert »

Charnock is a good quality league 2 player and i suppose,given our decreased budget, PB has agreed to move him on in that we have 3 decent centre halves (tho I dislike Ellis and Robertson as a central pairing). I cant imagine anyone wants him to go but he is better than the occasional reserve game. Needs must and I assume some of the wage savings may have tempted Elliot to stay and maybe gave the cash to keep the Wolves guy here too; it all costs money.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

bixieupnorth wrote:did we pay £10k to posh for him?? not very good business mr buckle if that is the case!
Really? How so?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Always thought Charnock did a reasonable job for us but was never going to oust Branston so if he wants first team football then best of luck to him.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

yellow wrote:Doesn t seem very forward looking to release a decent player who is cover for injuries, suspensions and loss of form for the centre back pairing.

Even Chelski with all their millions are finding that the loss of key defenders and inadequate replacements can be costly...
Problem is, Yellow, Charnock wants first-team football which we can't offer him right now. He's been fairly patient, but the Branston-Ellis partnership looks as strong as ever. Considering we have to cut our player budget, letting Charnock leave is probably and regretfully the right move. I would imagine he's on a decent contract considering we managed to persuade him down here from Posh.

Plus, we do have cover in Robertson, Rowe-Turner and Oastler. And we could always dip into the loan market should Buckle be unsatisfied with those options. Best of luck to him. He never threw his toys out unlike others in the past who have been glued to the bench.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Fair point Thomas, but equally it is the price of success to have adequate replacements.

It may well be deemed to be a luxury at TUFC, but that says something about our current thinking, based no doubt on budgetary constraints (read paying off Colin Lee?).

It is one of those situations that could bite you on the botty should the Ellis/Branston defensive axis run into problems (for whatever reason).

Let us hope that it continues to perform to the high levels we are coming to expect...

My analogy with Terry and Alex was to demonstrate that things can and do change.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Even though he had a losing debut (Morecambe lost 1-2 at home to Crewe) it seems that KC made a decent start judging by this comment on their forum...

"Looked awesome yesterday, deserved his MOM"

So a Man of the Match performance, well done KC. Interestingly, it doesn't seem as though any deal for a permanent switch has been agreed, at least not yet, as Bucks said somewhere that he(KC) will be back with us in January. Realistically I would imagine it's all down to how well he does up there and whether Morecambe come up with the right sort of money as I would imagine we will be looking for some sort of fee.
Last edited by CP Gull on 29 Nov 2010, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Good luck to him, he's too good to be sat on the bench. It would be great to keep him but can't see it.