14 goals shared last time in FAC

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
zidane
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Elliot Benyon

14 goals shared last time in FAC

Post by zidane »

What a tie!!

http://www.walsall.web-fans.com/index.p ... le&id=1030

We still talk of the classic
sadlad
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Tynan

Post by sadlad »

As the writer of that article, I can only apologise for bringing it up! It was a crazy game at Bescot and the first period of extra time was amazing. Was anyone from here at Bescot that evening?
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Yes i was there! We drove up to Brum in the morning and then on to the game. Not really expecting too much but although we did ok going forward our defending was inept all night. Apart from conceding 8 ask anyone who was there about the game and Ian Hathaways last minute shot always gets brought up. He hit one post and the ball ran along the line and hit the other post and came out and was cleared, a few moments later the game ended. Those extra time periods were just mad attacking and could have been about 12-6. I taped Sportsnight that had mini highlights and Alan Hansen declined to explain the defending of the two teams!!
Oddly enough even though I had just seen us concede the most goals ever in a game it there wasnt any annoying long journey home, more of a laughter at the farce we had witnessed. A few days later our goalie was heard to say that he would never concede 8 again.......wrong!! An 8-1 home defeat to Scunthorpe in the league, no laughter after this plenty of stick going around the place.
sadlad
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Tynan

Post by sadlad »

Great post, Daz! Yeah sometimes you can all but laugh at happenings in adversity. In the late 80's Walsall set up an unwanted club record...15 consecutive league defeats and I saw the lot. In a home game v. Chelsea we lost 0-7 AND we missed a last min penalty! The announcer at the end of the game announced that copies of the video would be in the club shop should anyone be interested! About 550 Chelsea fans were...they placed orders for copies and the club made a tidy profit!