Zebroski

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

gullinhert wrote:I am amazed by some peoples attitude on here; we all know what that area is like at night time ; a virtual no police go area and its inevitable that most nights someone will suffer being there. The fact that the 'victim' was having a go at Guy and Chris stepped in and all he got was a bit of a thumping is hardly amazing; weve all seen what the police have to do to some idiots to restrain them at all.
Chris has pleaded guilty and been given a suitable punishment. Pleading guilty was the right thing to do in that he did hit and hurt the lunatic. At that point the story ends; why some poeple should now wish retribution from TUFC amazes me. Chris trains well and behaves like a model professional. He is outstanding on the football field under intense pressure and often goaded by opposition and 'fans' alike.
This should be accepted and let the guy move on ..........................
Hang on a minute, what do you mean by "I am amazed by some peoples attitude on here" as I cannot see anywhere that anyone is suggesting for one moment that Zebs should be sacked over this issue ... I am merely suggesting that a criminal conviction is sufficient for an employer to take such action. Personally I really hope that the club doesn't go down that road - but you would be foolish to think that that isn't an option open to them! Clearly the quotes attributed to Simon Baker in today's Herald confirm that the club is far from happy about this matter and are considering what action (if any) to take against the player. Hopefully a stern warning and we can move on, but it would be wrong on the part of the club if they were to dismiss it completely as something of nothing - the fact is that one of their employees is guilty of a violent assault (no matter the provocation) and they have to act appropriately.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Agreed, Chris. Along with what you've stated is the need for the Club to prove themselves a Club with the interests of the community at heart. A reputable business can't be seen to take no action against the player if they're looking for money through commercial avenues.

I would expect him to be fined two weeks wages and warned as to his future conduct while a TUFC player.

That said, he's one of my favourite players, in good form and is sorely needed in our starting eleven, so swift action from the Board and he's allowed to move on.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I fully agree with the sentiments of CP/SG ,i put it in my O/P about if Zebs was found guilty the club would have to been seen to act in a responsible way,and touched on him being moved out of the club as one opition open to the club,asking the question could the club afford to do that,if it came to it,the answer in my view is.NO.

Football players are no different to anyone one else,they are only human and will make mistakes in there personal lives same as all of us will from time to time,the difference is Chris Zebroski is very much in the public eye,and Tufc is a professional sports club right at the heart of the local community,because of this players,coaching staff etc,have extra responsibity and pressure on them to be seen living there lives the right way.hardly seems fair that if you or i step over the line no one cares,Zebs does it makes the front page of the local rag that is widley availible across south devon,and is like all local rags monitered by national papers/media,however when your in the public thats the way it is.

the club sposors or potential new sponsors are not the only consideration here,the club has done through the football in the community programme some fantastic work with local schools,pioneer league clubs,and children in general with there after school and holiday clubs.

We are already seeing numbers of children inside plainmoor on the rise,and around the bay and surrounding areas,the number of children out with replica Tufc shirts on is growing,children look up to the likes of Chris Zebroski the way he plays on the pitch and behaves in general kids will copy,Zebs has produced some first class displays this season,and it that you want the kids copying.

And because if this and other reasons the club can not just look at this with relief that he has a C/S order rather than prison,it realy does have to be seen to act,that said iam not suggesting in any way he should be sacked,or transfered out,what i am suggesting is get the Walsall match out of the way,then sit down with Zebs,issue a warning on his future conduct.maybe suggest that he puts some of his own time into helping our cetre of exellence kids or get involved with the football in the community programme.

Do this before monday morning,then the player the club and us fans can put this to bed on move on.
Formerly known as forevertufc