MOTM - Barnet

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

MOTM - Barnet

Post by Gulliball »

Sounds like an awful performance, but if you were there then please could you list up to five players who deserve some recognition today. Remember you don't have to choose five if you don't want to.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
knh316
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: dont have one

Post by knh316 »

for effort and determination only one name..............mark ellis
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

1. Ellis
2. Branston.

Says it all really.
BlueYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by BlueYellow »

Ellis
Brano
Mansell
Kee
Groundsman
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Mansell
Branston
Robertson
Benyon
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

50/50 draw ticket seller
Crossbar challenge effort
Boots & Laces staff
Benyon :)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Trojan 67 wrote:50/50 draw ticket seller
Crossbar challenge effort
Boots & Laces staff
Benyon :)
Not wishing to be picky but I think you may have overlooked the turnstile operators.

They perform a valuable role in welcoming you in and taking care of your hard earned so that you can enter the theatre of dreams (and pasties) and listen to goal music should we be fortunate enough to score.

Personally with the advent of the dreaded goal music I am praying for lots of 1-0 victories from now on. I think that Bucks should study the Italian formations from the 60 s. Catenaccio has to be the way forward. And no, that is not an operatic piece from the three tenors...
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
pcm
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by pcm »

1. Ellis
2. Branston
3. Mansell
TORQUAY TILL I DIE....
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Write this one off mate, it will only sully the results. No one deserved it today. Pickles was the best of a bad bunch, but not to the point of winning an award for it.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
kbgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ashley Yeoman

Post by kbgull »

1, Ellis
2, Branston
3, Bevan
4, Robertson
5, Nicholson

Basically the back 5 in any order
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

I have read mansell several times, I must be looking in the wrong man of the match page as I am sure this said barnet. Or is the award now voted on with regards to the reciever running around like a headless chicken and giving the ball away at every opportunity?
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Mav wrote:I have read mansell several times, I must be looking in the wrong man of the match page as I am sure this said barnet. Or is the award now voted on with regards to the reciever running around like a headless chicken and giving the ball away at every opportunity?
Hmm. This seems increddibly harsh. If you mean "run around breaking up play, getting in the opposition's faces" when you say headless chicken, then I guess you're spot on. The reason Mansell had to run around like a headless chicken? Because Nicky Wroe today was not interested in playing for Torquay United, and Danny Stevens is a defensive liability, meaning that Mansell had to simultaneously defend three areas of the midfield all by himself. As for giving the ball away, I can't remember him being especially bad on Saturday, and posession football and pinpoint passing is hardly his game, is it?

As for 5 players, you can pick the two centre halves and two centre forwards. Benyon and Kee did everything they possibly could with what they had (which was B****R all) and actually managed to create some pressure from their own tireless running. And Benyon scored. Ellis and Branston stood up well to Kabba (who belied his years and looked useful) and Gallen (who looked just like his years and looked ponderous), as well as not conceding much from the pacier lot.

I can only presume that our tactics of hoofing the ball is our manager's idea, but it doesn't help Nicholson look good. Also, I don't think we've tried a long ball behind the full-back in the last three years.. seeing as we have pace on the wings, can't we do this instead of hoofing it up to short people?