We Are United!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gulls_aloud
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

We Are United!

Post by gulls_aloud »

With all this talk of anthems, atmosphere and turning apathy into enthusiastic, vocal support, I have a small suggestion and wondered what others thought.

Sometimes the best chants are simple, and I think it would be amazing if everyone shouted "We Are United" in solidarity when the opposition scores/we miss a penalty/we're 1-0 down in extra time etc ... This says it all (a bit like the Sham 69 song we come on to that Westbay Gull was so rightly praising)- the lads are together as a team, we stand together on the terraces, we are Torquay United and we will do whatever we can to spur the team on to victory. Also reminds me of that photo on the front of the season ticket where the team are having one of their pre-match hugs! Along with the Yellow Army chant that I love, this just could make a difference and make us sound a bit more, um, invincible? Would obviously need more than one of us, though! ;-)
ChristheGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Kee :)

Post by ChristheGull »

Good idea I think...
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

gulls_aloud wrote:With all this talk of anthems, atmosphere and turning apathy into enthusiastic, vocal support, I have a small suggestion and wondered what others thought.

Sometimes the best chants are simple, and I think it would be amazing if everyone shouted "We Are United"
I reckon it would sound good. Probably even better than "Yellow army" now just to get everyone chanting it.