Danny Senda?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Danny Senda?

Post by CP Gull »

It appears as though he is having a try out at Right Back for us tonight.

He has suffered a couple of bad injuries over the last few seasons, but if he is fully recovered he should prove to be a quality addition to the squad. At 29 he still has time on his side and he certainly has a decent pedigree with Wycombe and Millwall.

He is more of an attacking right wing back - which is certainly something that the squad lacks - as he is currently unemployed, he is also free and available to sign for us as well.
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Yes he is and yes he would be....I've always been a big fan and I know plenty of Millwall fans who wanted to keep him, at least on a short-term basis, to prove himself after his lengthy injury absence.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

If he could prove his fitness, he'd be a quality addition to the squad. As you say CP, definitely offers a different option.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

A better option than Wayno offered at the end of the Southend game when we ended up playing him and Nicho as pseudo wing-backs in a sort of 3-2-2-3 formation. But he can still defend and has an awful lot more pace than Robbo.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I actually said something similar in the summer.

Danny Senda was quality at this level (and that above) for a few years. Had rotten luck with injuries, but if he is back to full fitness then he could end up being a shrewd signing. For one thing, as alluded too above he would add the possibility of us reverting to 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, with Senda and Nico as out and out wing backs.

Getting ahead of myself a little, but lets see how tonight goes. Regardless of what happens, its good to see a talented player making a bit of a comeback in the game whether it leads to something or not.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

to be honest when i saw danny senda's name on the team sheet wondered if it was one of the new youth teamer's,as i had not heard of him.

so i can only thank the poster's above who do know about this player for the imformation,sounds if fit,could be a good signing.
Formerly known as forevertufc
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

So what's the verdict on his performance last night? I see he lasted the full 90 minutes but there is no mention of him in the match report.

On the subject of trialists. Does anyone know what happened with Bas Savage and the other lad (I forget who it was but there was someone else at the same time)? I take it they have been and gone.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

PhilGull wrote:So what's the verdict on his performance last night? I see he lasted the full 90 minutes but there is no mention of him in the match report.

On the subject of trialists. Does anyone know what happened with Bas Savage and the other lad (I forget who it was but there was someone else at the same time)? I take it they have been and gone.
I saw him linked with another League 2 side last week - Northampton if i remember correctly. Which i probably don't.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

yeah i also saw that bas savage was linked with Northampton due to their dreadful injury problems.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm not the best one to ask, since I didn't recognize any of the players out there last night (not quite true, but close) but, if indeed he is supposed to be an attacking right sided player, it does not bode well that one of the 'negative column' notes I made last night was "lack of right sided width".
As for defensively, who can say? Exeter isn't really have a meaningful attack all match. All their long balls went right to left and Ed Palmer picked off every single one.
Still, I'm sure this chap is class and well worth signing up, what could possibly go wrong (checks history books and tippexes out the name of that fella from last year, the useless black bloke from Scotland.)

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

It seems that we are "having a closer look" at Danny Senda which hopefully means an extended trial - at least he has lasted a bit longer than Bas Savage! Hopefully he may get another run out in the reserves friendly against FGR at Plainmoor on Tuesday?

I really hope for the players sake that he can get fixed up with another club, hopefully with us, but if not then at least with a decent club somewhere else. I say that because he (Senda) clearly has (or had?) a lot of talent. Good enough to feature for both Wycombe for a number of years and for Millwall in League One. He was also chosen one year in the League 2 team of the year when he was at Wycombe and was rated highly enough a few years back for Mick McCarthy to have him on trial at Wolves - ok so it came to nothing but at least he was regarded highly enough to warrant their interest.

He has suffered incredible bad luck with injuries over the last couple of years and I guess it really is make or break for him as far as his chosen professional career is concerned. He suffered his first serious injury in May 2008 when he disclocated a knee while playing for Millwall in a match at Swindon - that after he had opened the scoring for them - his first ever goal for them as well. He was operated on at the time and hoped to return within 6 months but it was not to be and he needed another operation on his knee in December 2008. As a result he missed the whole of the 2008-9 season.

By the summer of 2009 he was out of contract at Millwall, but they took him on again for pre season in the 2009-10 season - on a month by month contract basis - and by all accounts he was doing well, until he tore his Achilles in September and needed further surgery! He returned to action by January 2010 but unfortunately Millwall decided not to offer him a new deal. As far as I can gather he hasn't played any competitive football, at least not at any significant level, since then. He did try out with Brighton last month and played for them in a pre season friendly but it appears nothing came of that either.

You can only imagine how desperate he must be - having been out of the game for effectively nearly two and a half years -to get back playing and earn himself another pro contract. I guess the "easy" option might have been for him to quit the game (and take the insurance payout which presumably he would be entitled to?) but clearly he doesn't lack determination and he still feels that at 29 he has a lot to offer. I guess his trial with us could just be his last chance at earning another pro contract - I just hope he is successful !
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

CP Gull wrote:It seems that we are "having a closer look" at Danny Senda which hopefully means an extended trial - at least he has lasted a bit longer than Bas Savage! Hopefully he may get another run out in the reserves friendly against FGR at Plainmoor on Tuesday?

I really hope for the players sake that he can get fixed up with another club, hopefully with us, but if not then at least with a decent club somewhere else. I say that because he (Senda) clearly has (or had?) a lot of talent. Good enough to feature for both Wycombe for a number of years and for Millwall in League One. He was also chosen one year in the League 2 team of the year when he was at Wycombe and was rated highly enough a few years back for Mick McCarthy to have him on trial at Wolves - ok so it came to nothing but at least he was regarded highly enough to warrant their interest.

He has suffered incredible bad luck with injuries over the last couple of years and I guess it really is make or break for him as far as his chosen professional career is concerned. He suffered his first serious injury in May 2008 when he disclocated a knee while playing for Millwall in a match at Swindon - that after he had opened the scoring for them - his first ever goal for them as well. He was operated on at the time and hoped to return within 6 months but it was not to be and he needed another operation on his knee in December 2008. As a result he missed the whole of the 2008-9 season.

By the summer of 2009 he was out of contract at Millwall, but they took him on again for pre season in the 2009-10 season - on a month by month contract basis - and by all accounts he was doing well, until he tore his Achilles in September and needed further surgery! He returned to action by January 2010 but unfortunately Millwall decided not to offer him a new deal. As far as I can gather he hasn't played any competitive football, at least not at any significant level, since then. He did try out with Brighton last month and played for them in a pre season friendly but it appears nothing came of that either.

You can only imagine how desperate he must be - having been out of the game for effectively nearly two and a half years -to get back playing and earn himself another pro contract. I guess the "easy" option might have been for him to quit the game (and take the insurance payout which presumably he would be entitled to?) but clearly he doesn't lack determination and he still feels that at 29 he has a lot to offer. I guess his trial with us could just be his last chance at earning another pro contract - I just hope he is successful !
I'd echo all of that.

Its a shame that a player was denied the prime of his career. He's effectively missed the whole of being 27 to 29 - had he not had the injury, I don't doubt that he would have been in the Championship right now.

I think this whole episode - regardless of how it ends - is already showing the benefit of reserve team football. We're only in September and we've already been able to trial 3 players (2 of them respected performers in League 1) in a competitive(ish) environment. Gone are the days of having to base a decision on training only and having to hope he performs in the league *cough* Mo Camara *cough*.

I hope that Senda can resurrect his career, and if he is capable of getting near his performance levels of 2 years ago then I hope it is with us.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

There's a brief mention of him on the Bees forum now too, apparently Andy Scott is looking for a RB and Senda's name has been suggested. No, it wasn't me.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Looks like we are trying to sign him after one reserve game:
http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/torqu ... ticle.html

I May go to the reserve match tomorrow to watch him play.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

will now be signing for us.

apparently.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468