Danny Senda?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nananana
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky Cave

Post by nananana »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:you forgot rochdales bid too del you lincolnshire lemon! :lol:

Any more of that talk and you'll be on my "FOE" list! :lol: :lol:
It's a sobering thought, but in a hundred years or less, every person that uses this site will be dead!
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

So.. has he signed or not?
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

chippygull wrote:So.. has he signed or not?
Not yet, but still may do, according to the bit at the bottom of this..

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/torqu ... ticle.html
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Signed now according to official website. No details on how long for...

Should be a great signing once fully fit.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Pleased with this news as we haven't had any effective "cover" for Robbo - now that Lee Mansell has re-established himself in centre midfield. I'm also pleased for the player and really hope for his sake (and ours) that he is now fully recovered and can get back to the sort of form that he showed for Wycombe and Millwall over a number of years.

Realistically, if it hadn't of been for his injuries over the last couple of years we probably wouln't have had a hope in hell of signing him, but we have taken a little "gamble" on his fitness and the fact that he has got through two lots of 90 minutes of reserve football in a week without any problems would suggest he is in good shape. Clearly he will need time to get "match" fitness back before he is competing for a starting slot but once he has that then I'm sure he will be given a chance - perhaps in a 3-4-3 formation which Bucks has been trying out recently.

I would imagine it is a relatively short term "prove yourself" contract ... perhaps until the end of the year ... it seems as though the club don't want to release details which has also been the case with both Wayne Carlisle and Lloyd Macklin of late. Anyhow he is now OUR player and hopefully things work out for him and he earns a longer deal eventually.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Is very good news to add cover at right back and if Senda gets back to the levels he was at before his lengthy lay-off this could prove to be a gem of a signing. On the Official Site Buckle states right back was the only area he was worried about being a little 'light' in but I still worry we have no back-up for Mansell. Lets hope he stays fit and suspension free!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Richinns wrote:I still worry we have no back-up for Mansell. Lets hope he stays fit and suspension free!
I'm more relaxed about the squad now - ok we have a few young 'uns who could do with a month of steak dinners, but on the whole, we have every position covered. If Manse was out for 2 or 3 games, i wouldn't squeak at seeing Lathrope's name on the team sheet.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Great News!! Will be a great cover! Good Signing :)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Happy with this, and I echo what has already been said. If he can get back to his best, this is great business.

I hope that he does, as he was really good when at Wycombe and Millwall.

I too feel we have a strong squad now - theres still some youngsters lacking much experience, but they're only going to get that through playing aren't they. Central midfield is a little short, but we can always operate in the loan market, as with the new Premiership 25-squad rule, could see better youngsters filtering through. Although right now, I'm happy with the squad. :)
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I hope he's not one of those players that play good for the clubs he has played for, and then comes to us and plays cr4p! Hopefully not!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Sounds like another Mo Camara to me - will we ever learn?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

brucie wrote:Sounds like another Mo Camara to me - will we ever learn?
'Sounds'? So you've written him off without having seen him kick a ball?

He's been a decent performer at a higher level than we currently play at. If he's fit (and the indications are that he is), he'll be an excellent addition to the squad.

Robbo is getting better and better in the right-back role that is not his preferred position. But he's still not overly comfortable coming forward. Senda could provide an excellent outlet - certainly at home when the onus is on us to be more progressive. I look forward to seeing him in action.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:Sounds like another Mo Camara to me - will we ever learn?
Mo Camara was a Colin Lee signing, Senda is a Buckle signing, Mo was looking for his final payday (he laughed all the way to the bank on us), Senda is looking to resurrect his career (and working bloody hard to do so by all accounts!) - they cannot be judged in the same category (especially as you have nothing other than guessing to back this up with!).

We might be rolling the dice a little on his fitness and potential to recapture his form before his injuries, but I would rather do this now, than when we were sitting just above the relegation zone (as we did last season with Mo) and I really reckon this will prove to be a little gem of a signing.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gurnboy
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Danny Senda

Post by Gurnboy »

I think he will be superb for us, but he has got to get match fit. He's not kicked a ball in anger for 2 years but I've seen him play twice now and you can see the effort he's putting in. He seems to be playing like there's some unfinished business on his part.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Understanably there is going to be a bit of a risk with this one, and some fans are going to be sceptical. And there is no doubt that signing Danny Senda is a bit of a gamble.

However, sometimes these gambles pay off. Look at when Carlisle signed the injury-hit Michael Bridges. He tore the division apart and Carlisle won the league. This could go down the way of Mo Camara, but the fact that Senda has been training with us and playing for the reserves points towards us being more sure of his fitness and ability.