Wayne Carlisle

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Wayne Carlisle

Post by PhilGull »

So come on people. Who? Where?
If he's leaving now I'm guessing it's an initial loan to be made permanent in January.
Any ideas on fee? I'm hoping it's a lot to prize my favourite player away.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Charnock, Wroe now Carlisle. It's getting a bit tiresome reading of our better players heading for the exit door. I'd personally prefer that kind of thing remained between the club and the player until an agreement with another club is reached, because it can't do anything for morale. It sounds an awful lot like an advertisment, rather than a story...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Seems we are getting in early for this years January shake up!

Would imagine Rose might be heading our way permenantly at some point and we are freeing up wages for this but (as like last year) I do worry about cutting all experience away from our already very young and small squad.

Charnock, Wroe and now Carlisle - would leave us very thin on the ground!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Yeah, but to be fair, what has Carlisle done since his injury?
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

chippygull wrote:Yeah, but to be fair, what has Carlisle done since his injury?
To be fair, it's difficult to do anything if you're not on the pitch.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Bad day at work. Blowing a gale. Raining. Got to work till waaaay past my bedtime tonight. Dropped Heinz Tomato Soup down my top. Logged on, read this about Wayne. One of those ******* days, I guess. <sigh>.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Poor Westbay! Hope we marmalise Barnet tomorrow to cheer you up!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Fonda wrote: To be fair, it's difficult to do anything if you're not on the pitch.
So realistically, we're not going to miss him much then??

Zebs has been pretty damn good on the right wing this season. Wayne dosnt like playing on the left. Would I swap them around? No way at present :O
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

I only saw him at Southend this season, and it was pretty obvious to me that 1) his legs have gone and 2) he lacks a huge amount of confidence in his surgically repaired knee.

Might be wrong, but I'll be surprised if the move is anything but down a level (or levels)
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

One of my favourite players in the squad, done a great job for Torquay and it was worth a punt having him back at the start of the season. But he's not playing, not done anything since returning and I'd be surprised if it was another football league club that took him.

As for him or Charnock as one of our 'better players' that's a bit rich seeing as though they've probably played 4 games between them all season.

Charnock looks as though he's staying for now anyway which is great if we can keep him happy and he plays well. Wroe seems to be a different player to the one that was playing a few weeks ago, I don't think we'd get that same return from Wayno. Too much gone on with him injury wise.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Fletch wrote: So realistically, we're not going to miss him much then??

Zebs has been pretty damn good on the right wing this season. Wayne dosnt like playing on the left. Would I swap them around? No way at present :O
'Doesn't like playing on the left'? That's as may be, but as it's the managers job to pick the team, i rather think he asigns a position to a player, rather than enters dialogue about it. He's a better winger than Danny Stevens or Lloyd Macklin, so should be in the team.

If his 'legs have gone' or he lacks confidence in his injury, i've no idea why we went back on the decision not to offer him a deal in the first place.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I'd guess they offered him something to see if his legs had gone. Carlisle fit and on form was an asset last year, i suppose Bucks thought he was worth an extended look at seemingly over the worst of his injuries. If he's not over it or not the same player then it's best he moves on because he won't offer us enough. The evidence would be that's the case. The terms of the contract would suggest it was more an extended trial period.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Fonda wrote:'Doesn't like playing on the left'? That's as may be, but as it's the managers job to pick the team, i rather think he asigns a position to a player, rather than enters dialogue about it. He's a better winger than Danny Stevens or Lloyd Macklin, so should be in the team.

If his 'legs have gone' or he lacks confidence in his injury, i've no idea why we went back on the decision not to offer him a deal in the first place.
Agree with Royal, you cant really judge on someones fitness till you see them in a competitive match situation. If he is struggling to compete at this level, you could only tell that from seeing him on the pitch. As for being a better winger than DS or LM, he may be able to deliver a more pinpoint cross but no longer has the pace (compared to DS or LM) to beat the fullback.

As for playing where the manager says, people seem to have short memories on here....
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Lots of very good wingers continue to prove effective once their pace has gone. It's not the be all and end all. And David Beckham built a career on not beating his full-back. Is it really so much better to have a quick player that can't cross, than a slower one that can? Eunan doesn't have pace either, but i'd still rather he was playing wide-left than the other two. In Wayno's case, i can only assume it's fitness related, because he certainly has the quality to warrant selection.

As for the second part of your post...?
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

He's hardly played this season so we won't really miss his 'quality of play' but it will leave us short on numbers and experience.

He must of been fit when buckle offered him a new deal so is it a new injury or the same one again?

Good luck to him though.