retro Torquay shirt (seen at the Gillingham away game)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ed82
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: elliot benyon

retro Torquay shirt (seen at the Gillingham away game)

Post by ed82 »

Hi Folks

My dad first started watching Torquay in the late 60's, He has mentioned wanting a retro replica shirt. We were in the pub having a beer before the Gillingham away game last month, I spotted a fellow supporter wearing a retro shirt that also had champions 2008 or something similar also printed on the shirt in small letters.
I perchased a Torquay retro shirt from ebay, its just arrived but im not happy with the shirt as it doesn't seem to be the right colour.
Its custard yellow not canary yellow and the blue is navy not lighter blue, also the material is similar to a polo shirt not soft cotton like I believe it should be.
My dad showed me a team picture from the late 60's and im almost certain the shirt I have is a poor replica.

Please can someone help me, has anyone brought a replica 60's retro shirt? if so where did you perchase it? Im almost certain I will return this shirt as the advert says it will accept refunds if your not satisfied.

I want to surprise my dad with this for christmas so I dont want to show him what I have brought, also I dont want him to be disapointed with it.

Regards Ed
ed82
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: elliot benyon

Post by ed82 »

javascript:;

This is the one but the picture from footballplus 2008 where I got mine looked adentical, but the one they posted was not.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

Ed if you purchased a shirt only you have 14 days to contact them via email and to return the shirt under distance selling act. Only thing you may be responsible for is the carriage to return it (make sure you get insurance with postal return)
Silvergull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Silvergull »

In the past, the best place for retro shirts always seemed to be the TOFFS site. Looking at it now, it's only limited to 2 shirts (I'm still a huge fan of the white) but may be of some use.

http://www.toffs.com/icat/torquay/