Music for a goal?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Kit_robin wrote: Quite right, which is exactly what everyone's done, so I'm not entirely sure what the 'dear oh dear' is for...?

And it's wrong because, as football fans themselves, they should know that playing music after a goal is evil. Evil I tell you.
The dear oh dear bit,is about how us fans have jumped through hoops to slam the club for simply trying something to improve the atmosphere,to me a total over reaction,iam not suggesting we should keep the goal music to be honest iam not fussed either way,and also the dear oh dear bit is about how we fans can show this much passion in complaining about th goal music,yet come 3pm saturday we stand there supporting our team like carboard cut outs.

mcolls1 is right we can make noise when the away keeper steps outside the box,and and on time wasting we the fans have proved we can count louder than anyone else,and like i said said in my other reply saturday the loudest chant qwas..BOO.

not having a go at anyone here just think we should spend less having a go at the club,and more focusing on how we can make noise supporting the side in a positive way.
Formerly known as forevertufc
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

F'rver, I mostly agree with what you're saying, but don't think we've slammed the Club, more the idea of goal music, and hopefully the Club will understand that.
I do believe that the lack of atmosphere is a problem for many clubs though - we are certainly not unique in being very quiet in our home support. It's a bit chicken/egg though - wasn't it a great atmosphere at the cup game against Yeovil that time? So what comes first - the exciting football or the electric atmosphere? I think things like that are spontaneous and you can't 'generate' a good atmosphere, it either happens or it doesn't. Which is why goal celebration music is a load of poop, imo.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I absolutely detest the idea of piping in 'fake atmosphere' in this manner. The one time there is noise in the ground is after a goal, so what exactly is the benefit? It's tacky, cheap and unecessary. I don't need to be encouraged to celebrate a goal. I hate this continual trans-atlantic influence to sport (and everything else). I hope the 'experiment' is quickly binned, because i'd much rather celebrate in the time-honoured fashion. A few huzzah's and the throw of a cap.

Oh yeah, email sent.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."