Music for a goal?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

Ok I don't think everyone should be so hard on the club for trying goal music. I mean calling it a "disgrace" in your email's is a bit harsh and I think that the club will be to scared to try anything new in the future.
Pepperami
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Pepperami »

If you think that's harsh wait until you see the abuse you could get for your unnecessary apostrophe!
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

Pepperami wrote:If you think that's harsh wait until you see the abuse you could get for your unnecessary apostrophe!
You really are sad to be checking grammar on a football forum. :rofl:
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Pepperami wrote:If you think that's harsh wait until you see the abuse you could get for your unnecessary apostrophe!
Shouldn't there be a comma after harsh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pepperami
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Pepperami »

Perhap's
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Fletch wrote: Shouldn't there be a comma after harsh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Surely, of much greater concern here, is the wholly inappropriate personalisation of "unnecessary apostrophe?"

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

ferrarilover wrote:Surely, of much greater concern here, is the wholly inappropriate personalisation of "unnecessary apostrophe?"

Matt.
Unless you work in a greengrocers' :lol: :lol:
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I've emailed via the feedback form asking for no music on the basis of its just too sad.
TUST #324
gulls_aloud
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by gulls_aloud »

Excellent to see everyone is taking action. I emailed the club on Saturday night at the height of my anger and then cut and pasted my comments to the feedback form (and told them I'd done so). In my email I also directed the club to the comments on here which express our feelings very well I think.

We seem to be bombarding lots of different addresses (mine was to reception) - hope they pick them all up. Feeling much more optimistic today (although I can't get that song out of my head)
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Email sent. Enough already!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Dear oh dear,yes every one is entitled to there own opinion,and to make there feelings known,however all the club are guilty of is trying something to help encourage us the fans to make some noise,what was wrong with that?,atleast they tried.

Iam pretty sure the club have read these e-mail's and feedback forms,got the message,and i doubt you will hear goal music again.

also pretty sure the club are wishing us the fans would react at 3pm on saturday with the same passion in complaining about the goal music,channel into acually supporting the team with some positive noise,then they would not have to come with these idea's would they?.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

forevertufc wrote:Dear oh dear,yes every one is entitled to there own opinion,and to make there feelings known,however all the club are guilty of is trying something to help encourage us the fans to make some noise,what was wrong with that?,atleast they tried.

Iam pretty sure the club have read these e-mail's and feedback forms,got the message,and i doubt you will hear goal music again.

also pretty sure the club are wishing us the fans would react at 3pm on saturday with the same passion in complaining about the goal music,channel into acually supporting the team with some positive noise,then they would not have to come with these idea's would they?.
Quite right, which is exactly what everyone's done, so I'm not entirely sure what the 'dear oh dear' is for...?

And it's wrong because, as football fans themselves, they should know that playing music after a goal is evil. Evil I tell you.
mcgull1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodny Jack Jack Jack

Post by mcgull1 »

Totally agree with forevertufc, fair play to the club for giving it a go. The atmosphere at Plainmoor is surely up there with the worst in the league that i have experienced.

Its not uncommon to have 50 away fans out-singing the pop side over the course of 90 minutes.

There is so little passion shown to show encouragement to the team when the performances drop its just embarrasing at times, many are more interested in counting the seconds a goalie has got the ball in his hands.

Unfortunately this has been the case for many years, the board can see this, and should not be slated for trying to bring a bring a bit more fun to the match - i'm pretty sure the players would rather be plaing in front of a more positive atmosphere!
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

I see your point mccolls1, But how does GOAL MUSIC solve this problem? it does not because when we score everyone goes mad anyway.

The problem is during play when it goes quiet. If we score every one is going to cheer,chant etc... Goal Music drains this out. During the match though is when we need to keep it going.
mcgull1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodny Jack Jack Jack

Post by mcgull1 »

Not saying it solves anything Plymgull, but i think the board are desperate to try anything to create a better atmosphere Plainmoor. They quite rightly are trying anything they can to encourage new fans to the club, and that is not just putting on a football match, but creating a matchday experience that people will enjoy and want to come back for more. You just don't get that at Plainmoor at the moment. The 'kids-for-a-quid' is not just about raising the gate, its about encouraging a whole new generation of fans, and it will take more than just 90 minutes of League 2 football to keep them coming back - its about the whole experience.