Music for a goal?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Just got home and Darryl has responded to my email already, saying that my comments will be passed to the senior management. Very impressed with the swift reply. Don't forget though, if you don't make your views felt, you can't grumble if nothing changes.... ;-)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Deary me. I hung my head in shame when I heard it. Totally embarassing. :(
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

I have also emailed them. Goal music is a big turn off for me.
UpminsterGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by UpminsterGull »

I wasn't at the game but am dismayed to hear that the club have stooped to this level and have sent my email.

Dear Sirs

I understand that music was played over the public address after Torquay scored yesterday.

Living in Essex I don't get to that many home games, but can assure you that if the club continue to play music I will restrict my support to away games only.

I hoped that Torquay would be above this 3rd rate Americanisation of football and know that many other fans feel the same.

Please make sure that never again at Plainmoor will we hear music played after a goal is scored. Please allow the fans to create noise and a real atmosphere.

Thank you.

Regards
shaunicus
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by shaunicus »

UpminsterGull wrote:I wasn't at the game but am dismayed to hear that the club have stooped to this level and have sent my email.

Dear Sirs

I understand that music was played over the public address after Torquay scored yesterday.

Living in Essex I don't get to that many home games, but can assure you that if the club continue to play music I will restrict my support to away games only.

I hoped that Torquay would be above this 3rd rate Americanisation of football and know that many other fans feel the same.

Please make sure that never again at Plainmoor will we hear music played after a goal is scored. Please allow the fans to create noise and a real atmosphere.

Thank you.

Regards
Sorry but that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Ever.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Why so, shaunicus?

I know its all about opinions, and all that, and I agree with UpminsterGull. I've sent an email too - its embarassing.
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

shaunicus wrote: Sorry but that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Ever.

Why is it? I agree with him fully. Goal music should stay where its best suited. American Sports.
UpminsterGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by UpminsterGull »

One of the most importants parts of football is the spontaneuos celebration when a goal is scored. Not only is goal music tacky, but it ruins the excitement of shouting, singing & celebrating as individuals want, not being orchestrated by the public address into following some catchy jungle.

A goal for your side is the culmination of the many emotions of watching football. If I'm at Plainmoor and music follows a goal it will ruin the experience for me. If the best part of a 'matchday experience' is ruined by this Americanised crap, then I don't want to be part of it.

We all know the sort of clubs that play goal music and no way do I want Torquay to be one of them.
Last edited by UpminsterGull on 14 Nov 2010, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
pcm
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by pcm »

Am i the only person who was at the game and didn't here it ?
TORQUAY TILL I DIE....
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i emailed my disgust too, told them i hoped it was the first and only time that we hear it at plainmoor
still keeping the faith
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Email sent. Can't begin to say how much I hope it's never ever heard at Plainmoor again.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Wow, I came here to tell you all I had E-Mailed the Chairman (in Stuart Hall mode, most excellent) hoping to get maybe one or two other people to do the same. Lo and behold, here you all are, wonderful lovely people, having done that very thing already.
I'm pretty confident that we will NOT be hearing that daft song ever again.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Pepperami
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Pepperami »

Well, let's hope not. I've just emailed the club with my two-penneth.
Benno
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by Benno »

Did a quick email via that feedback form thing expressing my views. Like the rest of you, I hate it.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I most be wierd or something,because i berely noticed it,and when i did to be honest was not that bothered.

I can understand why the club brought in though,its embarrasing when most teams score a goal there fans are lifted there normaly is atleast a few minutes of loud chanting,we score,and a quick yep,and back to the chat we were having with the mates.

To be honest i have given up ,fed up bored sensless of joining in with endless 'yellow army' chants,and if it is not 'yellow army' we cant seem to sing it.

For christ sake we as fans have got do something,if we do not like goal music fine,suggest something else,becuase the only noise i heard in the ground yesteday was..BOO,every time that rediculous p#ss poor excuse of a linesman put his flag up.
Formerly known as forevertufc