Music for a goal?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Nooooo, no, no ,no. It'll drown out my vuvuzela.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

No one is having a personal pop at you loyal_gull and it's a good thread to raise to gauge opinion before we suddenly find it foisted on us.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

westbaygull wrote:Nooooo, no, no ,no. It'll drown out my vuvuzela.
:lol:

If anyone has a Vuvuzela near me in the Pop I'll take it and .. get rid of it. :x
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Again its a no for me. Its almost as "plastic" an atmosphere-generator as Scunthorpe playing crowd noise before the start of a game up there a few seasons ago
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Does that mean hide it where the the sun don't shine ?
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

loyal_gull wrote:okay chill with the capitals. think all got the picture that music is a no go. don't shoot at me!
Only being sarcastic mate, nothing personal. :)

One of the best things about football is when all the fans come together and celebrate a goal/win... we don't need no music. :mrgreen:
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Plymgull wrote:One of the best things about football is when all the fans come together and celebrate a goal/win... we don't need no music. :mrgreen:
Exactly.
When a crowd needs the help of a song to celebrate a goal scored by their own team it's depressing. And I'm sure if the team was asked what they would prefer it would be the sound of the fans every time.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Trojan 67 wrote:Does that mean hide it where the the sun don't shine ?
If you like. :rofl:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

No thanks Nick, down in that region it's one way traffic and it is always dump down and out ! :)
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Gulliball wrote:I'd prefer it if we released Benyon, Ellis, Zebroski and O'Kane on free transfers and played Bansley Gull in place of Nicky Wroe than play music after a goal.
So you haven't entirely ruled it out then Chris....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Interestingly, when this EXACT question was posed by Simon Baker at the Fans Forum, the reply was a resounding YES! Of the 50 or so in the audience, I was the only one who dissented and said no, but then I was front and centre and being most vociferous *totters off to check spelling, returns with smug grin* in my objections.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

NickGull wrote: :lol:

If anyone has a Vuvuzela near me in the Pop I'll take it and .. get rid of it. :x

I'm taking Mine Saturday nick ;-) I believe i stand next to you ! :)
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Loyal Gull
Plenty of clubs are doing it nowadays so no reason why we shouldnt.
Why stop there Loyal Gull, plenty of teams play in red & white so no reason why we shouldn't.
You can never have too much of a good thing so why not combine it with a Lincoln City air raid siren every time we win a corner ?

I hope any suggestions for goal music are strangled at birth but if it ever did get introduced (shudder) then it needs to be played whichever team scores.
I think supporters should be treated equally as far as is practically possible & it is generally agreed that practices such as trying to charge away fans more for similar accomodation inside the ground is unfair. The price of coffee, tea or a programme is the same whichever side you support.

The paying customers inside Plainmoor include some who wish to see one team win & some hoping to see the other team win. If the entry fee includes 'music' to enhance the 'goal experience' it should be available to be enjoyed by everyone when their team scores. To announce a welcome to the players officials & fans from the visiting Club & then not let them enjoy the available facilities such as the goal music would be the height of bad manners.
ChristheGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Kee :)

Post by ChristheGull »

loyal_gull's been persecuted!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I'd like to see a lot more of this.

Goals for - Happiness by Ken Dodd
Goals Against - It's a shame - the spinners
Corners For - Get Ready for this by 2 unlimited
Corners Against - There may be trouble ahead
Last ten minutes hanging on, randomly the music should start again with The Heat is on.
If it's buzzing then I think Atmosphere by Russ Abbott should be played constantly throughout.

I also think everyone should be given jester hats and foam hands on the way in that would be cool, then we could all join in Gladiators style with Another one bites the dust at the end of the game after a win. If we lose then it can all be foam hands down while we join in with always look on the bright side of life.