Torquay United Anthem

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Where is Swivel when you need him....????
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Awayday wrote:December is going to be pretty quiet because I don't think I can make any of them due to most of my family having birthdays in December.

Are you related to that bloke from Nazareth? :lol:
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

chippygull wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazareth,_Pennsylvania

Who?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gulls_aloud
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by gulls_aloud »

Fonda wrote:Just to clarify...we have supporters that want to go to games, and that like making a noise, but will only go if someone else is there to 'start the noise making process'? Why not just go along, and if theres nobody else making a noise, try and make one yourself? Perhaps others will join in? Maybe that's why we can't create an atmosphere - because everyone is waiting for one man to turn up...
Yes!!! This worked v well at Forest Green a couple of years ago when we were knocked out of the FA Trophy (happy days!)
It began "One of us singing, there's only one of us singing, one of us singing.."
Taken up by the next "Two of us ...." etc etc . V amusing and generated good atmosphere as I remember..
Last edited by gulls_aloud on 10 Nov 2010, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Oooh, FGR memories. Who recalls the first game we played there. Blazingly hot (well, it wasn't raining) Saturday afternoon, and they gave us the whole side standing area. Bloody good job too, since we took 1000 supporters and didn't stop hollering throughout. We got the right result too (possibly 2-0, anyone know any better?)

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by NewtonGull »

Fonda wrote:Just to clarify...we have supporters that want to go to games, and that like making a noise, but will only go if someone else is there to 'start the noise making process'? Why not just go along, and if theres nobody else making a noise, try and make one yourself? Perhaps others will join in? Maybe that's why we can't create an atmosphere - because everyone is waiting for one man to turn up...
i went to stevenage away this season and tried the exact same thing you've suggested. instead of joining in people looked at me like i was a nutter. and as stated earlier, i'm a student and i dont fancy paying £50 for days like that. it tends to be the older people who dont join in with the chanting. maybe they think its silly, i dont know!
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

chippygull wrote:
I think so, well I do remember my Mum always calling out "Oh my Good God, oohh oohh aahh" from the bedroom.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Awayday wrote: I think so, well I do remember my Mum always calling out "Oh my Good God, oohh oohh aahh" from the bedroom.
I would have gone down the immaculate conception route. Parents don't do that sort of thing. Ever.