Gull Player for Crimble

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Gull Player for Crimble

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Having spent the last 6 seasons in Wisconsin viewing BBC livetext (F5 key is shot) and the occasional BBC Devon commentaries, I am now thinking that putting Gull Player on the list for Santa could be the way to go this Christmas. Is it any good?

Delighted to see the green shoots of another run from the boys...this has the makings of an entertaining season, especially if Billy starts to find the net!
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Hmmm...GullsPlayer has has a bit of a slating on here, but to be honest I find it invaluable. I can't usually watch the highlights as it keeps stopping, but think that is more likely to be my broadband connection than Player. And because I can normally catch highlights on Spotlight, that doesn't worry me too much. The commentary connection hasn't been the best this season, but it would appear that the company running Player have sorted it now (touch wood) and once you've subscribed, you can listen to any game, not just Torquay. Really, despite all it's faults, I would recommend it to anyone living away from the Bay. Um...happy Christmas!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Yeah, it's a must have really, if you're an exiled Gulls fan living anywhere outside of Devon. It's the only way to listen to the live commentary, and it covers every league and cup game. You can get one minute highlights of just goals on the BBC, but Gullsplayer has about five minutes plus of highlights per game, so you can see all the incidents and get a decent idea of the flow of the game. There's some interviews and other stuff on there too, but personally I hardly ever look at them. For just the commentary and highlights, it's worth the money, because there's no other option.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Hey Wisconsin I am in Michigan. I had gulls player last season and never bothered this season. Its a pit of a train wreck that thing. I do now what you do F5 Saturday.
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

I haven't used it as much this season as I did last, but that's because I've been working most Saturdays this season and those I have to rely on Jane and Bixie for updates on the match thread...which probably come via GP comms as well. It's not exactly expensive in terms of some of the money we all spend and some of the money does filter it's way back to the club, so despite some criticism (and I'd have a few foibles as well) it's worth it for me.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i think its invaluable and i only live in sheffield, for the sake of a few quid a month, of which a proportion goes to tufc, i find it so useful, for news, highlights and of course commentry of every game. i've got decent boradband speeds and have never had a problem with watching the videos, and even the commentary usually is fine, i fire it up ages before kick off so its firing on all cylinders by 3pm!!

you can even do it month by month so yr not paying for the summer months??

have you thought about the membership scheme too, that way all yr money goes to the club?

cheers
still keeping the faith
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Are you able to watch goals from previous seasons - I'd like to relive the glory days in 03-04!
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

tommyg wrote:Are you able to watch goals from previous seasons - I'd like to relive the glory days in 03-04!
Doesn't appear so, on the 'Archive' drop down menu there's only this season and last.