Even a Vuvuzela for atmosphere!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Even a Vuvuzela for atmosphere!

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

The club now want to push for the best atmosphere on match days even saying Vuvuzelas are allowes again of course along with drums rattles trumpets etc,

along with the Kids for a quid and 12 for 10 starting this saturday agaisnt Barnet, im all for it!

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 74,00.html
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

An interesting about turn with vuvuzelas no longer being declared a bad thing but now so good we can't get enough of them.

Let's keep an open mind on this & not view it as some type of inter-active game which encourages the kiddies to bring along all types of penny whistle.

I for one am looking forward to experiencing the new 'Plainmoor wall of sound' on Saturday. Indeed there is a rumour circulating that the team will run out wearing Phil Spector wigs in acknowledgement of the new decibel level generated by the Plainmoor 'wall'. That is neither confirmed or denied as yet by the official site so we'll just have to wait & see.

My one concern is that very frequently,often even before half time, I find myself having to bellow " sort it out Buckle!!" in the general direction of the home dugout. Should PB fail to hear this well meaning advice from myself over the din of the Plainmoor wall of sound I do fear perfomances could suffer as a result.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Excellent post, Alpine :lol: :lol:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Wivelgull is going to go spare.

..excellent :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Benno
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by Benno »

I'm not keen on everyone turning up with a vuvuzela, but i'm all for anything that encourages the banging of the drum and some more singing.

Lets get behind the team on saturday.

Does this mean the stewards won't ban our air horn if we take it in the middle of the pop this time? ;-)
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

Benno wrote:I'm not keen on everyone turning up with a vuvuzela, but i'm all for anything that encourages the banging of the drum and some more singing.

Lets get behind the team on saturday.

Does this mean the stewards won't ban our air horn if we take it in the middle of the pop this time? ;-)
MY air horn ;-)
The general message for stewarding at Plainmoor is to not let us do anything that is too noisy or may affect others. They took an air horn off me and constantly tell people in the family stand to sit down. Idiots.
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

I know Oxford have a number of tw*ts going to games but Oxford do put on a few good displays.

holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

united09 wrote:I know Oxford have a number of tw*ts going to games but Oxford do put on a few good displays.

Maybe some Torquay fans could form some sort of 'ultras' group like this, but maybe not with the typical ultras in the name. Stanley do the same sort of thing too and i know York can put on a good display.

The other option would be to get a band at Plainmoor, a few drums and trumpets etc.
Like here:
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Vuvuzelas? :evil:
Mind you I can't get to home games so I shall be silent.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Plainmoor's first 'Wall of Sound' game is going to be a riot of fun, dancing & music (depending on which instruments are brought along).
The Herald Express are apparantly contemplating a special edition to mark the event. Nothing is going to prepare you better for Saturday night's
'Strictly Come Dancing' than actually witnessing the fun & frolics of the 'Plainmoor Wall Of Sound'

I'm a little rusty on the old washboard but will have it with me on Saturday & fully intend to play my part.
Everyone needs to do their bit & be 'another brick in the wall' to help out Paul & the boys.

Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I don't think this is a subject that should be ridiculed. We have proven on a number of occasions (Oxford away, 3-0 down to come back 3-3 is a fine example, or 10 men against Oxford to win 2-0) that creating an atmosphere really helps the team. Obviously there are grounds where trying to create any sort of atmosphere is impossible (Gillingham).

I won't be there on Saturday, I had planned to finish work early on Monday to get to the game instead, either way why not make loads of noise and try and get the same atmosphere at home as we do at away games.

At the Morecambe game I went into the family stand for the first time, with my daughter and a hand full of the back step army, and the popside were embarassing. The 6 of us in the corner of the family stand (which later become 8 when a couple of teenagers joined us) made more noise than the entire popside. It got the to stage where (for the first time I can remember) the Family Stand were starting the "yellow army" chants for the popside to join in (eventually).

Either get the singers in the away end and keep the moaners in the popside (Wivel yes I am talking about you) or segregate the moaners into one of the far corners of the popside so they can all sulk together and let the rest of us have a bit of fun. Also anyone who starts the "Buckle sort it out" or "Buckle Out" chants should be hung drawn and quartered across the 4 corners of the ground. Rather than moaning, why not become the 12th man and try and cheer on the team, I am sure they will appreciate it more.

Rant over!

My next game is Wycombe, bring on the noise!
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

An excellent post from Awayday & I'm sure all of us would prefer the Plainmoor crowd to get vocally behind the team much more than they do.
I was under the impression that a big 'initiative' was being worked on to address the low crowds, poor atmosphere problem & therefore the 'bring a few rattles or a vuvuzela' wasn't quite the conclusion I was expecting.

Our away fans do a superb job but unfortunately, for whatever reason, Plainmoor can be very very quiet & I did find mention of a wall of noise quite amusing.
Of course nothings really going to change, the Popside regulars will go on being their usual quiet selves...& the away fans will still ask us "shall we sing a song for you".

But supporting any of the lower League teams requires an ability to laugh at yourself now & then & try to have some fun while at the same time thinking how best to address any of the Clubs problems.

Let's hope we really can crank up the sound levels even if only by a small margin on Saturday....I can well believe it would be appreciated by the players.
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

walshy wrote:
Maybe some Torquay fans could form some sort of 'ultras' group like this, but maybe not with the typical ultras in the name.

I think it would be good but there needs to be a lot of organising involved and also a bit of money, as the flags wouldn't come cheap unless we could make them. Then its a case of rounding the willing people together.

BlueYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by BlueYellow »

4 Words

Be Loud, Be Proud!!
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

Ripped up paper, toilet rolls, horns, drums, bouncing.