Fleetwood Town or Walsall at home

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

BernardB wrote: The standard of spelling and grammar here is generally good as a matter of fact.
well, stop bl**dy moaning about it then! :x :lol:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Alert, alert!!! Grammar police, spot checks in your area. :lol:

Look not having a go at any one here, however in the grand scheme of things poor grammar really does not matter on a football forum.

Those who were fortunate to be blessed with the ability to gain knowledge, such as correct grammar can consider themselves lucky, however must realise that some are not so fortunate and have learning difficulties such as dyslexia etc,etc. ;-)

my excuse ,iam just a dunce :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

BernardB wrote:A gentle point to our home posters - a few times I've noticed "could of" rather than "could have". I'm not normally a stickler for grammar but I must admit this one grates a bit.
It drives me completely mad, too. A typo every now and again - well, we all do that - but simple grammar really shouldn't be something to ignore. I'm aware of hos snobby this sounds, but I really don't care.

The "could of" thing almost certainly stems from the contraction - "could've", but it's still irritating when it's written the wrong way.

And don't even get me started on the their/they're/there issue :)

I do think that schools should be making more of an effort - I don't remember any of this being taught to me when I was a kid.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

I would like to see more posts in Latin. I feel sure that it would have more impact on Bucks and the team.

Quattuor Quattuor Duo Bucks. Nil desperandum.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I would simply like to see more posts and some contributions from posters who for one reason or another don't post anymore or don't post as often.

Yeah, I know, I haven't posted for the last year or so but I've put that right today.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Με οδηγεί απολύτως τρελλό, επίσης. Ένας τυπο κάθε τόσο - καλά, όλοι κάνουμε ότι - αλλά απλή γραμματική πραγματικά shouldn' το Ï„ είναι κάτι που αγνοεί. I' το μ ενήμερο για τα hos κενόδοξα αυτό ηχεί, αλλά ÃŽâ„¢ πραγματικά don' προσοχή Ï„. Το " θα μπορούσε να έχει " το πράγμα σχεδόν βεβαίως προέρχεται από τη συστολή - " could' ve" , αλλά it' s ακόμα που ενοχλεί όταν it' το s γραπτό το λανθασμένο τρόπο. Και don' το Ï„ με παίρνει ακόμη και αρχισμένο στο τους/το they' re/there ζήτημα Σκέφτομαι ότι τα σχολεία πρέπει περισσότερους προσπάθειας - ÃŽâ„¢ don' το Ï„ θυμάται οποια δήποτε από αυτό που διδάσκει σε μου όταν ήμουν παιδί.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

happytorq wrote: It drives me completely mad, too. A typo every now and again - well, we all do that - but simple grammar really shouldn't be something to ignore. I'm aware of hos snobby this sounds, but I really don't care.The "could of" thing almost certainly stems from the contraction - "could've", but it's still irritating when it's written the wrong way.

And don't even get me started on the their/they're/there issue :)

I do think that schools should be making more of an effort - I don't remember any of this being taught to me when I was a kid.
So chief constable happytorq of the grammer police,what is the word hos and what does it mean? :lol: :lol:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Benno
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by Benno »

Don't underestimate any of these 2 teams.
But play as well as we can and we've got every chance.
Not really sure who I want - winnable though for sure.
EVERTONED
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by EVERTONED »

Only danger area if we play fleetwood LEE THORPE!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

It is a misspelling Forza

Hoss was the second brother of the Cartwright family in Bonanza.... :geek:
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

forevertufc wrote: So chief constable happytorq of the grammer police,what is the word hos and what does it mean? :lol: :lol:
Touché...although I specifically mentioned typos, therefore absolving me of this sort of opprobrium.

Or so I thought, gimp :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
sadlad
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Tynan

Post by sadlad »

Thanks for the welcome, folks. Northumberland Gull (Bruce)- I would guess Walsall would probably bring about 200 maybe 250 for this game IF we win! Had it have been early season in the other two cups a lot more! I will certainly come down to this game if we progress. I have only seen 2 games at Plainmoor over the years but stayed on holiday in the area many times. Its my favourite holiday destination to be honest and I love the place. Never want to return home! Yes our form thi sseason is terrible. Its a club in turmoil with a LOT of resentment towards the manager, and the owner.

BernardB- yes Fellows Park used to have a covered cowshed down one side, a main stand and covered terrace behind the one goal. The open end...up to 1965 used to be just a fence and the wall of an old laundry where nobody was allowed to stand. This was demolished and a terrace was put up there in that year 1965.

Urbanspaceman- nice to see you signed up here mate! I know that like me you have a soft spot for Torquay :)

Regards to all.

Dave.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Fleetwood.......too risky!........ the team has a lot of ex.league players in it, & they are proving to be a very good BSP team. Much better to play against Warsaw as they will be tired from the long journey. :) :)
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

wodger of awabia wrote:Fleetwood.......too risky!........ the team has a lot of ex.league players in it, & they are proving to be a very good BSP team. Much better to play against Warsaw as they will be tired from the long journey. :) :)
Sorry should have been "have" & not "has". Poor grammar is something up with which I will not put. :) :P :Oops:
BernardB
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BernardB »

Thanks for the info Dave. I remember Walsall as being one of the only two "three-sided" grounds in the country. The other was Sheffield United's at Bramall Lane where Yorkshire cricket was also played until (I think) the mid-70s. The Sheffield set-up looked very peculiar - massive stands on three sides and just the touchline on the other!