Fleetwood Town or Walsall at home

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

HRG wrote: My brother supports AFC Wimbledon, he thinks there could be some trouble should they get through and meet up with 'them'.

Not too bad for us would have prefered one of the easier options though.

Sooner or later that fixture was always going to happen. The football powers to be must take responsability for any situation that may occur. It was them to be fair. not MK, that allowed MK to buy their way into the league against all the ethics of competative sport.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fleetwood pants? huh.

Remember the conference premier the league we were no so long ago,Fleetwood are 5th with 30 pts ,6 behind meggar bucks crawley.

Right now Walsall are struggerling at the bottom of league 1,and Fleetwood are on a flyer in the bsp.

My verdict Walsall please they could be easier.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Theres never a easy game in the fa cup now days. So the draw is a good draw for us. Id be very confident to turn both sides over at home. Would prefer to play walsall as ther enot playing to well and there the "bigger" side so can get up for it. But already this year the non league sides are causing trouble. And who knows if fleetwood get a win in the replay. The tv may see it as a upset in the making so who knows.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

cant see it being on tv - that will be creepy v swindon.

it will be a tough game whoever gets through - i would prefer warsaw actually, as there would be less pressure on us to win!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I'd much rather face Walsall - an out of form team is better to face than one in form, regardless of whether they are a division above or not. Whichever of those sides we face I'd fancy us to get a result.
docs fleetwood
Trialist
Trialist

Post by docs fleetwood »

Northumbergull wrote:Hi, docs!

Welcome to the board! Well, what do YOU make of the draw?

As I said in my last post, you seem to be off to a flyer this season! :)

Cheers

Bruce
Could of been worse , if we can beat Walsall id say we have a good chance.Would of prefered the game in August when weather was better :)
http://codarmy.proboards.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I think GOOD chance is pushing it, but you might have a no-better-than-one-in-three chance, especially away. We WILL be better than Warsaw, but then nothing counts for anything where the FA Cup is concerned, it's just as likely to be 9-0 Fleetwood as it is anything else.

Will you be coming down? (assuming you get past the Polish, obviously)

Matt.

Totally off topic but...

WHERE ARE THE SMILIES YOU PROMISED ME TWO MONTHS AGO LOUIS!?!?!?!?!
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

sadlad
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Tynan

Post by sadlad »

Hello everyone!

Walsall fan in peace here. Thought I would join you good people here and exchange some friendly banter with you in the hope that our two clubs can lock horns in Round Two. Good to see Docs Fleetwood is on here, whom I have exchanged a few posts with on the Cod Army forum and Walsall Web Fans forum.
Walsall have to overcome Fleetwood first and I must say that having been up there for the game on Saturday Fleetwood deserved to win. Home advantage could come into it in the replay at Bescot BUT our home form, as a poster indicated earlier on this thread, is AWFUL! 6 defeats from 8 games in L1 and knocked out at the first attempt in home games in the JPT and Carling Cup. I would be delighted to visit Plainmoor again if Walsall progress.
Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

sadlad

Welcome to you too! :)

Your form really is pretty dire at the moment, that's for sure.

We had that cracking start to the season then went off the boil a bit. Found our form in the last three games, thankfully.

How many do you think will be travelling from the Midlands, should you get through?

Cheers

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!
BernardB
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BernardB »

Nice post Sadlad and I hope we play you if only because there would be less media crowing if we lost to you than if Fleetwood overturned us.

Was it your club whose ground used to have stands and terraces on three sides and a blank wall behind one of the goals?

A gentle point to our home posters - a few times I've noticed "could of" rather than "could have". I'm not normally a stickler for grammar but I must admit this one grates a bit.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

BernardB wrote:Nice post Sadlad and I hope we play you if only because there would be less media crowing if we lost to you than if Fleetwood overturned us.

Was it your club whose ground used to have stands and terraces on three sides and a blank wall behind one of the goals?

A gentle point to our home posters - a few times I've noticed "could of" rather than "could have". I'm not normally a stickler for grammar but I must admit this one grates a bit.
Bernard, some of the grammer, spilling and punktuation' on hear is quite a damning indictment of the educashun system over the last god nows how long. Chill and smile to yourself as you try and decipher the likes of hullgull's posts :) :)
Urban Spaceman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by Urban Spaceman »

Hi everyone - registered again at last after another hectic spell at work - hopefully will get to see the Gulls in action again soon. :)

I have a number of Walsall supporting friends and have a very soft spot for the team, but I can tell you that they are far from confident about winning against Fleetwood and would look forward to a trip to Torquay only to sample the delights of the English Riviera. :? Saturday was something of a lucky escape for them as they were down to 10 men after about 50 mins I think, and later had one of their players carried off - it was apparently all Fleetwood after that, Walsall having scored after just 4 minutes and then conceded 5 minutes after half time.

From the point of view of the Gulls, both ties are winnable I reckon, though it does sadden me to see Walsall having such a miserable season as they have a great set of fans and are a lovely friendly club. :(
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I'm pleased it's a home tie.

Weather permitting, it gives us another home game in November besides the Barnet game.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
BernardB
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BernardB »

Fletch wrote:Bernard, some of the grammer, spilling and punktuation' on hear is quite a damning indictment of the educashun system over the last god nows how long. Chill and smile to yourself as you try and decipher the likes of hullgull's posts :) :)
The standard of spelling and grammar here is generally good as a matter of fact.