Oxford v Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

Diificult call, I think, though I'd bet on lots of goals! :)

Cheers, and nice to see a sensible oppo supporter on here...

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Both banned. See match day thread
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

I think luck has turned our way with there 2 suspensions. Dont need to be flashy to beat the side they will put out. The skill of Zebroski and Benyon should be too much for their second choice CB, and I doubt they will have a way back. Good feeling about this one for some reason.

Oxford 0-3 Torquay
Zebroski '23
Ellis '34
Own Goal '80

Back in the play-offs? Keep the faith!!
Oxford Fan
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Oxford Fan »

All I can say is "well done". You reorganised well after the sending off and kept us out. I thought we played well apart from passing, converting chances, taking corners, taking free kicks and defending. :cry:

Your 300 fans did well too. I do hate you.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Made I larf.

I'm glad as a home fan you also saw how well we restructured the team to cope with the pressure you put us under.

Also happy to see that money-grabbing barsteward Green play so poorly, not that he had any change out of Nicholson anyway.

Proud to be a Gull tonight, good luck for the rest of the season mate.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Echo those words from Dave. Great night allround for us. What makes it better is that I live near Bicester so have a big smile on my mug this morning and will be seeing my OUFC mates later on. Interesting conversation on the game coming up with them then :) JackFM sounded almost morose last night, anybody thought Oxford had been relegated. Truth is they will fare ok as they have the resources to be a good league 1 side in time so stick with Chris Wilder. Good to see you last night Dave!

Keith oxgull :)
Oblivion!!!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

scottbrehaut wrote:As you are only offering a quid Matt I won't bother - had you made it worth my while, I would have pointed out that they may not have been stopped under Section 1 of PACE, but may have enforced Section 7 of the Sporting Events (Control of alcohol ) Act 1985, or Section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public order Act 1994, all of which allow lawful searches on both persons and vehicles etc.

But, as it is only a pound you are offering I won't bother.....................
Answer the question you are asked. NOT the question you want to answer.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Matt - you asked for the relevant Section. I believe I stated it was Section 1.
I then explained that there are other powers as well as PACE whereby they can stop and search you, especially when attending sporting events.

All Police officers (and ex officers) only ever answer the questions they want to answer anyway.....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

scottbrehaut wrote:Matt - you asked for the relevant Section. I believe I stated it was Section 1.
I then explained that there are other powers as well as PACE whereby they can stop and search you, especially when attending sporting events.

All Police officers (and ex officers) only ever answer the questions they want to answer anyway.....

You're right there scott. Police officers only ever answer the questions they want to answer anyway....especially in a court of law! Speaking from personal experience, when they actually do answer a question...it's a pack of F****** lies!
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

wurzel wrote:

You're right there scott. Police officers only ever answer the questions they want to answer anyway....especially in a court of law! Speaking from personal experience, when they actually do answer a question...it's a pack of F****** lies!
Have to be honest, from my personal experience the police answers have been spot on.

A little experiment to prove such fact........

Scott - What is the capital of France?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Awayday wrote:Have to be honest, from my personal experience the police answers have been spot on.

A little experiment to prove such fact........

Scott - What is the capital of France?
F

Next question M'lud

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com