Oxford v Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Oxford Fan
New Signing
New Signing

Oxford v Torquay

Post by Oxford Fan »

Hi Gulls fans.

Anyone coming to Oxford next Tuesday? Just a word of warning. The police (TVP) have implemented the strictest interpretation of the lease of the Priory pub near the ground. This means no outside bottle bars in the marquee.

We're expecting 6,500-7,000 fans so the remaining inside bar will be rammed!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Can't make it, unfortunately. Have enjoyed both trips to Oxford, especially the 2-0 win in the BSP two years ago, great away day.

Hopefully our supporters coaches can get home with all windows and such intact this time though..

Thanks for the warning, Oxford Fan :)
Oxford Fan
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Oxford Fan »

NickGull wrote:Can't make it, unfortunately. Have enjoyed both trips to Oxford, especially the 2-0 win in the BSP two years ago, great away day.

Hopefully our supporters coaches can get home with all windows and such intact this time though..

Thanks for the warning, Oxford Fan :)
Geez! That was embarrassing. :Oops: Don't know why that happened, there's no "history" at all between our two clubs. Just some rogue idiots I guess.

We have a major problem with TVP at the moment, as a trip to our forum will show - http://www.yellowsforum.co.uk/

There was "trouble" at successive home games with Vale and Shots. At the last home game TVP finally decided to act like police, but went way over the top with illegal body searches, taking of mobile phone numbers, batoning of fans for little or no reason etc. And all this against Northampton who we've never had a problem with!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Yeah. All clubs seem to have that group who give the rest of their fan base a dodgy name, kind of. I think, if I remember rightly, it all just sparked off from a group of about 20/30 men just abusing the TUFC fans in the ground, then when we were winning, some of ours gave it back, as you'd expect, then it went from there.

Illegal body searches and so on? It sounds like they've gone from not doing much to making the KS like a prison camp! :|
Oxford Fan
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Oxford Fan »

The Priory landlord is trying to get an amendment to his lease sorted out by Tuesday, so fingers crossed.

This is the (evil) work of a certain DI Simon Morton, who's been put in charge of a special match day "hooligan squad" based at Oxford nick. Trying to make a name for himself I think.

Torquay fans - don't give them any opportunity to misuse their powers again (not that you would!)
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I've been too Oxford many times over the years, but sadly cant go to this one. It was one that was planned for me aswell! Brilliant away days in the BSP. I went to the 2-0 Torquay game. But I think the best one was when we drew 3-3 Sills with the 3rd! Great game!

Hope it is a good game, with no trouble!

*There's only one yellow army ;-) :lol:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Oxford Fan
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Oxford Fan »

Danny_tufc wrote:I've been too Oxford many times over the years, but sadly cant go to this one. It was one that was planned for me aswell! Brilliant away days in the BSP. I went to the 2-0 Torquay game. But I think the best one was when we drew 3-3 Sills with the 3rd! Great game!

Hope it is a good game, with no trouble!

*There's only one yellow army ;-) :lol:
Yeh, I was at the 3-3 when we spectacularly salvaged a draw after leading 3-0. :(

I think you had about 300 fans there that night but made good noise.

The only "trouble" will be caused by police trying to provoke reactions, sadly.
sexygulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by sexygulls »

I'll be going.
Just wondering if anyone's driving up from London or nearby that I could hitch a lift with. I'd normally go by train but the grounds about 20 minutes on a bus from the station if I remember. A ride would be fantastic, PM me...
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'll definitely be going to this one and bringing a few with me. Always enjoy my visits to the Kassam, apart from the muppet youth element always hellbent on causing aggro. Hopefully the police will keep them from causing the scenes we saw as we left a couple of years ago.

I lived in Oxford when I was younger and have always had a soft spot for them, like to see them doing well and them getting promotion last season was fantastic for all concerned at the club.

Hopefully we can get a few beers at the Priory as we usually do, fingers crossed.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Oxford Fan wrote: Geez! That was embarrassing. :Oops: Don't know why that happened, there's no "history" at all between our two clubs. Just some rogue idiots I guess.

We have a major problem with TVP at the moment, as a trip to our forum will show - http://www.yellowsforum.co.uk/

There was "trouble" at successive home games with Vale and Shots. At the last home game TVP finally decided to act like police, but went way over the top with illegal body searches, taking of mobile phone numbers, batoning of fans for little or no reason etc. And all this against Northampton who we've never had a problem with!

Ordinarily, I'd just let this slide, but...

Come on, they didn't, did they?

I'll give you a pound if you can quote (without the aid of Google) the relevant section of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 which pertains to stop and search.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

As you are only offering a quid Matt I won't bother - had you made it worth my while, I would have pointed out that they may not have been stopped under Section 1 of PACE, but may have enforced Section 7 of the Sporting Events (Control of alcohol ) Act 1985, or Section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public order Act 1994, all of which allow lawful searches on both persons and vehicles etc.

But, as it is only a pound you are offering I won't bother.....................

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

I'll be there guys. Only live about 16 miles up the road and have already made arrangements. See you there :)
Oblivion!!!!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Ah yes I forgot that Zebs used to play for them. Nulifies the "Matt Green nailed-on to score" factor!

Looking forward to the game. I mentioned on todays matchday thread that Oxford had both centre halves sent off today - one for a straight red and one for a second yellow. Does anyone know when a suspension kicks in? I thought it was immediate for a red, and after a week if its the five yellow card totting-up rule. I'm hoping its the first, as that would leave Oxford very short at the back.

They also seem to be a bit win or bust at home, wheras we are quite solid away from home and Southend aside I've been impressed with us more often than not.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I'd love to go, hubby working early shift to look after kids and actually have the funds. Alas I don't drive.
Shall keep updated on here which is always fun :)
Oxford Fan
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Oxford Fan »

ferrarilover wrote:
Ordinarily, I'd just let this slide, but...

Come on, they didn't, did they?

I'll give you a pound if you can quote (without the aid of Google) the relevant section of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 which pertains to stop and search.

Matt.
We have a lawyer in OxVox (our fan's organisation) who has confirmed exactly what the police can and can't do under Section 60. Believe me, they went well beyond. We also have the Football Supporters' Federation' lawyer taking statements in order to build a case against TVP.

Anyway, disastrous result at Bradford - we were diabolical second half but it's highly unlikely we'll be so bad on Tuesday. I'm going for a narrow Ox win. :)