Olejnik signs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

teeboo100
dont knock stephen hawkins hes our new forward
I'd rather have Hawkin as the Stadium Announcer. I wonder what the half time scores would sound like ? :clown:
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Great news. He has excellent pedigree, so it sounds like quite a coup. Perhaps the reason we've had to re-sign Stevens, and are evidently looking at Parkinson is because we've used a wedge of budget on a keeper? If so, it's a good place to spend it.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
DButler1990
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by DButler1990 »

Robert (aka Bobby) Olejinik did his first video interview as a Torquay United player this afternoon. The video will be up on the Gulls Player later this evening or tomorrow morning, Danny Stevens also talked to camera about his new contract at Plainmoor combined with Martin Ling's take on a busy day!, watch this space...http://www.torquayunited.com/page/player/Home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

What a signing!!! Well done, Martin Ling!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Let me add to the optimism created by the signings of Olejnik and Saah. While, like many, a little concerned about the signing of McPhee (I - we - hope to be proved wrong), these two signings plus that of the young ex-Newcastle full-back give hope that we MAY do quite well next season. The big - the biggest - demand now is a proven forward.
highweekgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by highweekgull »

Bloody brilliant I'm sorry but I never understood the messiah treatment of Bevan when he couldnt walk out 4 yards and catch the ball

This is a great signing for us a strong keeper makes a massive difference to the defence
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

highweekgull wrote:Bloody brilliant I'm sorry but I never understood the messiah treatment of Bevan when he couldnt walk out 4 yards and catch the ball

This is a great signing for us a strong keeper makes a massive difference to the defence

I don't know what you mean when you refer to "Messiah treatment" regarding Bevan. When Poke was here I don't know of anyone who would have preferred him to Poke. When Potter was here it was clear to me that Bevan was far better but I agree about his movement and attacking of the ball. He had pretty good hands but I never saw him come off his line to take an aerial ball when faced with a forward, so knowing his limitations I think he was far removed from any kind of goalkeeping messiah, simply better than Potter. Where they've both moved onto recently kind of backs that theory up.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Best get some more Austrian flags in then.....happy days
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Anagram of O' Nick, oops :Oops: OLEJNIK : NIL JOKE.

Every time Robert Olejnik keeps it nil, it will be no joke. :clap: :bow: :clap:

Welcome aboard "Boaby".
Last edited by Trojan 67 on 01 Jul 2011, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

MidDevon wrote:Best get some more Austrian flags in then.....happy days
I,ve got millions mate. Car flags, poleflags, scarves , shirts and allsorts of odds and ends. Immer wieder Osterreich! Mein beliebtes Osterreich!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

On the subject of Austrians, don't confuse the Austrian corporal with the Austrian actor.

One said : "I'll be back." :O

Then there's the family of Austrian singers : Von Trapp clap. :clap:

(8) "The hills are alive, with the sound of . . . (8)
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Don't want to be a killjoy here Troj but us Austrians hate anything SOUND OF MUSIC based and if you go to Salzburg and pronounce your desire to visit the Hohensalzburg or the Mirabell Gardens because it was on the film you are likely to be met with looks of disdain and acts of dismissiveness from the locals. They understand that Americans must do this but cannot understand the Brits, presumably thinking they should have more sense. Please please do not invent a song based on the sound of music for Olejnik because, as an Austrian he will think you all small minded and lacking a real knowledge of his / our homelands culture ( Strauss, Mozart, Schiele, Klimt et al ). It is just like us Austrians trying to come up with a song based on the Carry on films coz thats all we know about the English.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

andygullagain wrote:Don't want to be a killjoy here Troj but us Austrians hate anything SOUND OF MUSIC based and if you go to Salzburg and pronounce your desire to visit the Hohensalzburg or the Mirabell Gardens because it was on the film you are likely to be met with looks of disdain and acts of dismissiveness from the locals. They understand that Americans must do this but cannot understand the Brits, presumably thinking they should have more sense. Please please do not invent a song based on the sound of music for Olejnik because, as an Austrian he will think you all small minded and lacking a real knowledge of his / our homelands culture ( Strauss, Mozart, Schiele, Klimt et al ). It is just like us Austrians trying to come up with a song based on the Carry on films coz thats all we know about the English.
Won't go there again, full of bl##dy Japanese tourists. :bow: :bow: :clap: :lol:
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

I don't know why in all honesty, but I just get the feeling that this guy ("Boaby") is going to be an absolute legend for TUFC!!!

Looking forward to seeing him in the PSFs!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I like it wodger! I forgot about those and their endless collection of portable electronic paraphernalia. They can't go anywhere without having 304 gadgets about their person. :lol: