Mansfield

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullinhert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Mansfield

Post by gullinhert »

mmmmmmmmmmm could have been better
gullinhert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by gullinhert »

Mansfield have Tyrone T and Murray in their midfield possibilities - any other ex TUFC players in their squad?
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Brough?
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

A good draw for me, and might even get that pint~or is it two~that Barnsley owes me! :)
adamstag
Trialist
Trialist

Post by adamstag »

You will be most welcome.

Your a nice set of fans, and was very pleased when you got back into the league also - something we can hopefully achieve sometime soon.

As for the game, I guess its not much more exciting for us than it is for you (with respect), but also a game in which both sides will go into thinking they can win.

Our stewards have thankfully calmed down also, which is better for the away fans.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Not a bad draw really, I would prefer us to play a BSP club rather than higher than us at this stage(gives us MORE of a chance) same in 2nd round then a bigg'ern in round three!!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Not a great draw - I think the Stags fan above has it right in saying it isn't really either teams perfect choice!

Mansfield will definately be thinking they can win this, and rightly so as they have some names in their squad which ring a bell (Keigan Parker, Rob Duffy, Adam Murray, TT, Alan Marriott to name but a few). I have to be honest though, they've slipped a little off the radar in their time in the conference and although I'd heard of all the above players, apart from the obvious two I can't really say I've seen much of any members of their squad to gauge how strong they really are.

On the plus side its a game I can go to, and a new ground for me to tick off. I just hope for me its not a fruitless journey!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Not great, could of been better! - Not going to be easy though!

Hope we will win, need a cup run.

(edit: I'll be gutted if we get a good draw in the 2nd as i'm away :x :| :x :| ) - but we need to beat Mansfield yet!

Scum away to Bury and Argyle home to Swindon.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

wurzel wrote:A good draw for me, and might even get that pint~or is it two~that Barnsley owes me! :)

you what??? :rofl:

since when??? :rofl: :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

wodger-of-Awabia
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Zebroski

Post by wodger-of-Awabia »

Jeff wrote:Not a great draw - I think the Stags fan above has it right in saying it isn't really either teams perfect choice!

Mansfield will definately be thinking they can win this, and rightly so as they have some names in their squad which ring a bell (Keigan Parker, Rob Duffy, Adam Murray, TT, Alan Marriott to name but a few). I have to be honest though, they've slipped a little off the radar in their time in the conference and although I'd heard of all the above players, apart from the obvious two I can't really say I've seen much of any members of their squad to gauge how strong they really are.

On the plus side its a game I can go to, and a new ground for me to tick off. I just hope for me its not a fruitless journey!
Would not be a bit surprised if T.T. did not get the better of us we should never have got rid of him, far more class than Super (poor & ineffective) Nicky Wroe. Adam Murray could also be a problem.
Zebroski For Poland..........I am Brian!,& so is my wife!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

TT better than Wroe!?

No where near in my opinion. Never looked effective when ever I saw him at home(seemed to play better away)

Would have lathrope over him any day.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

wodger-of-Awabia wrote: Would not be a bit surprised if T.T. did not get the better of us we should never have got rid of him, far more class than Super (poor & ineffective) Nicky Wroe. Adam Murray could also be a problem.
are you having a laugh or have you been drinking? :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Tyrone Thomson was just awful.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Tyrone Thompson had some very good days - Cambridge away, Lewes Away and Lincoln Away spring to mind. However he only played well in a particular system (ironically one we are playing more and more often this season, but that's besides the point). I'd place Manse, Wroe, O'Kane and Oastler ahead of him in the ability levels any day.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Tough draw, a banana skin we could very potentially slip up on, especially on current form. If we haven't won before this game I'll be a tad worried. :|