Mansfield

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I think the thing is with Wroe is that since CH left, he was asked to do a lot more work on the defensive side of his game. In the BSP, he was able to attack and support the strikers all the time, but since Hargreaves left, he has had to help Manse protect the back four more often, and rightly so. I wouldn't have wanted Wroe storming off on the attacks then us getting counter attacked and conceding.

I also believe the captaincy was an extra pressure too. Since that has been lifted, in the two games, he's done well. If he keeps it up then it'll be foolish for us to let him go..
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

NickGull wrote: If he keeps it up then it'll be foolish for us to let him go..
He's the one wanting out though Nick, apparently we've tried to keep him....
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

As i suggested in the other thread, is he not doing exactly what Mussy got (widely and unfairly) criticised for? I.e performing in order to get a move away...?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:Would not be a bit surprised if T.T. did not get the better of us we should never have got rid of him, far more class than Super (poor & ineffective) Nicky Wroe[/color]. Adam Murray could also be a problem.

are you having a laugh or have you been drinking? :roll:[/quote]

No, & no,
Yesterday at Oxford, it appears that he played his second reasonable game in a row after 12 months of being poor. No danger of him playing well again on saturday then! Thank goodness we have now got some decent young kids that will, I.M.O. prove to be "up for it" & far better than Nicky Wroe. We will be able to get shot of him in the summer, because as you know he wan't to go back up north.[/quote]

if you seriously think that t.t is better than nicky wroe then you have some serious football issues mate.funny that hes played in the last two games and we have won them both. strange that.
as for "decent young kids" we will have to wait and see - as posters have said on the match thread that o'kane didnt exactly cover himself in glory last night.
and, as other posters have alluded to, nicky wroe has stepped up and they (not me) have noticed that perhaps he is missed by the team for what he brings to it, and you notice it when hes not in the team.

cheers[/quote]

Didn't say that T.T. was better than N.Wroe did I? I said that he has "far more class". I.M.O. Tyrone never reached an acceptable level at Brainmore, but was able to play very well in spurts, he then faded out of the game, when on form his vision was great.He must have frustrated P.B. no end as he was never able to get the best out of the player. It would not have suprised me if T.T. hadn't played a blinder against Tqy & proved to be the match winner. Seems that Mansfield are also not able to get the lazy little s#d to play up to his ability.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

[/quote]

Didn't say that T.T. was better than N.Wroe did I? I said that he has "far more class". I.M.O. Tyrone never reached an acceptable level at Brainmore, but was able to play very well in spurts, he then faded out of the game, when on form his vision was great.He must have frustrated P.B. no end as he was never able to get the best out of the player. It would not have suprised me if T.T. hadn't played a blinder against Tqy & proved to be the match winner. Seems that Mansfield are also not able to get the lazy little s#d to play up to his ability.[/quote]

"far more class" as you put it would suggest to me you think t.t is better than nicky wroe.

as for t.t never reaching an acceptable level that really says it all.

and as for him playing a "blinder" against us on saturday, i dont think in the 15mins he had he made that much difference! one of the first things he did was foul nicky wroe! priceless! :) when i heard that wodger, i thought of you! :lol:

and as you have correctly pointed out, they cant get the him to have a decent game either!!! :lol:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468