Plainmoor

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
trueblue1987
New Signing
New Signing

Plainmoor

Post by trueblue1987 »

Hello a Sheffield wednesday in peace here!

In heading down to plainmoor next weekend and im just wandering which is the best stand for atmosphere and the best pub for before and after the game! etc?
Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

Away fans stand in the covered Babbacombe End - good sound from under the tin roof! Our club pub, Boots and Laces, welcomes away fans too! :)

Cheers

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You'll probably enjoy the Popside for atmosphere, that is if the Club don't open us a section of the away stand before then :)

As for a drinking hole, why not head to the ground and join those of us who use Boots for our pre-match drinks. You'll be made to feel very welcome in there before and after the game. It's situated at the Family Stand and you'll have no trouble finding it.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
trueblue1987
New Signing
New Signing

Post by trueblue1987 »

Cheers!

Im looking forward to it now and its another one to tick off the list! i will deffo pay the boots and laces a visit then!
wodger-of-Awabia
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Zebroski

Post by wodger-of-Awabia »

Suggest you bring a Fortnum & Mason hamper with you mate. The refreshments here don't cater for those with discerning palates from exotic places like South Yorkshire.
Zebroski For Poland..........I am Brian!,& so is my wife!
Pepperami
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Pepperami »

If you have time to visit 2 pubs, by all means try Boots & Laces. If you've only got time for one, come to the Union: good bitter, better conversation & atmosphere. Friendly, I promise. Two minutes from the ground, opposite Waitrose(!). Bring your own whippet.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Pepperami wrote:If you have time to visit 2 pubs, by all means try Boots & Laces. If you've only got time for one, come to the Union: good bitter, better conversation & atmosphere. Friendly, I promise. Two minutes from the ground, opposite Waitrose(!). Bring your own whippet.
Is Geoff still there? Bristol Rovers fan, poor guy.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
BlueYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by BlueYellow »

happytorq wrote: Is Geoff still there? Bristol Rovers fan, poor guy.
Yep Geoff is still there, what a guy! The union is a top place
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

BlueYellow wrote:Yep Geoff is still there, what a guy! The union is a top place
Geoff is good bloke; I always used to direct away fans his way. And Sue, too. I wonder if they remember me.

Ah, probably not ;-)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
trueblue1987
New Signing
New Signing

Post by trueblue1987 »

sorry for the lack of replies

I didnt have the internet while i was away so I thought I would give you a little summary of my thoughts on the day.

Well we had a few beer in town with the family so i totally missed out on the pubs around the ground! The map was not to scale and it took a lot longer than I expected. So i cant really coment on that part of the day!

Firstly on arriving at the ground it all seemed very friendly and the stewards etc were very helpful, which is a nice start. I was shocked at the price of £18 for an adult ticket(the same price as hilsborough) I was expecting it to be around the £10-12 mark but i suppose that football today.

Once inside I went for food and the staff etc were brilliant really helpful and there chips were reasonable and pretty tasty! we found our seat on the family stand and had a chat tot the people around us! We were suprised that the people sat around us were derby fans and doncaster fans so we wernt the only ones who had decided to pop in and watch a match. I liked the fact you were so close to the action and the feeling it was a family run club.

The players that impressed me were
18 Oastler - He seemed confident on the ball and managed to get all over the park
4 Ellis - He looked composed at the back and seemed to win every tackle
and Rose and Hemmings the subs - They both ran at players and really put torquay back on the front foot.
9 Benyon - showed glimpses of good stuff

I didnt rate
8 Kee - He looked over weight and didnt really do much in my opinion.

The atmosphere and noise was a little bit of a let down too! there were spells where it did pick up but overall it was fairly quiet. (although hilsborough at the min isnt great so i cant grumble too much)

All in all I really enjoyed the day and I would come back

Jake
withay
Trialist
Trialist

Post by withay »

Jake,

It was very good of you to give us your feedback and very pleasing that you had a good experience at Plainmoor!

You managed to pick our best player (Ellis) who will probably move on in the next transfer window and bring TUFC some much needed cash (we're talking about six figures!).

Benyon is also interesting a few scouts.

The rest, apart from Kee, are not ours (loan players).

It is a pity that you did not get a full ninety minutes of O'Kane - he is our next most valuable asset!

Hope you can come again!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Good review Jake, and as Withay says, it's good of you to give your feedback.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your day, and hope you can come again too!
trueblue1987
New Signing
New Signing

Post by trueblue1987 »

Next time I am down I will pop in.

And next time i will make the effort to get to the boots and laces for a few beers with everyone!

Good luck for the rest of the season I will be keeping my eye out for the results.

Jake
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Our £16 (on the Pop) is pretty cheap for div 4 in 2010. You want to check out Gillingham for a rip off, £23, are you fecking Joe King? No bloody wonder they win every home game, I'd demand my money back if TUFC charged that money to get in and we lost!

Thanks for thoughts J, nice to see that, despite being over the limit, you were still able to identify young Mark Ellis as a genius and Billy Kee as failing to achieve his potential (honestly, he's good really.)

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"