Kieran charnock

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Kieran charnock

Post by CraigUnder »

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Well, if he isn't playing for us, and is not in Bucks plans, then it is better for him to leave (for a fee) and spend money elsewhere to strengthen the team.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

is anyone suprised???

cant get a game for love nor money - even when 1 CB is havin a bit of a mare.

hope we get a decent fee.

all the best and thanks to kieran charnock wherever he ends up.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Not surprised by this, good luck to him- ive never been his biggest fan.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Oh, just me surprised then? And disappointed. I can understand it from KC's perspective, I can understand it from the Club's perpesctive, but I will still be really fed up if/when he goes. Given Branno's recent slip from superhero status, and the rumours that Ellis is being sought by other clubs, I think this could potential be a huge loss for us. KC has been unfortunate with Branno's loan and then signing - any other Club in this League and he would probably have had automatic starts. I am sure he will do well at his next club, and wish him well, but equally wish that we could keep him.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Part of my reason for objecting to the signing of Branston, was that it would potentially result of Charnock seeking employment elsewhere. With their relative ages, one is very much 'for the present', whereas the other is 'present and future'. All seems a bit short-sighted to me.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Shocked and disappointed

Bad move for me this one.

Was fully expecting a Ellis Charnock pairing to start this Saturday with Branston rested while he looks to regain some form.

I have always rated Charnock from the little we have really seen of him and have always thought he has had never really been given a big enough chance.

Best of luck Kieran.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Disaster. Branston should have been dropped like a stone after the farce at Crewe, and Charnock brought in and kept in.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I alluded to this on another post - however without any inside knowledge it was pure guesswork.

I'm a little indifferent on this scenario. I've always been a big fan of Charnock, and have always said he's a victim of circumstance rather than poor form. I also said that it was well known he was a little apprehensive about a move to the area, and a prolonged spell out of the team would lead to him potentially wanting to leave.

Unfortunately the timing isn't great, as the Pickler is going through a patch of bad form. However they always say "Form is temporary, class is permanent". For whatever his limitations are, nobody can argue that Branston hasn't brought a lot to the table.

I've always maintained the view that Charnock represents an expensive luxury at the moment that we perhaps cannot afford, particularly with Senda (almost) available as Right back we could shift Robbo inside if needs dictate.

Its worth remembering though that at present this is just interest - no deal has been struck so might not even happen.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Jeff wrote:.. no deal has been struck so might not even happen.

He might do a 'Rooney' and sign up for another 5 years... :)
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Tricky situation really. If we have to cut our budget then someone on a decent wage who isn't in the side sounds like the ideal cut. However, Branston is struggling against pacy attackers and that's not going to change any time soon, so having more options, such as playing Charnock/Ellis against pacier sides would be useful. And as mentioned, Branston is on a one year contract and isn't in the long-term future of the club.

Hopefully the loan system will allow us to cut the budget and stay covered until the end of the season. And Ellis will have to stay till then too, or else the squad won't be pushing in the top half of the table.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

I didn't think he could leave outside the transfer window? Or have i missed something?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

He can leave on a loan "with a view to a permanent deal" I believe the phrase is.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

One of those where it's disappointing but he's also too good to be sat around not playing at League 2 level. He's also a northern lad and took a lot of persuading to come down here. Now he's not in the side he's probably feeling that much more homesick as well.

Wish him well, played well whenever i've seen him play. We've got enough cover in there, apparantly this Oastler can play there and if we can get Senda fit then Robertson could always move in. We've got some options there and I for one am not as concerned as some because Branno hasn't quite been himself recently. He'll be right back up there soon. Maybe saturday when he gets to mark his best mate :)
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Gulliball wrote:He can leave on a loan "with a view to a permanent deal" I believe the phrase is.
Hah ok.

Sounds like bollocks, to me ;-)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.