Away End For Home Fans Poll

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Would you like to see Home fans using the current Away end?

Poll ended at 27 Oct 2010, 16:03

Yes.
50%
No.
7%
Indifferent.
4%
I would use it.
21%
I wouldn't use it.
18%

Total votes: 68

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

davethegull wrote:This might not be.....erm....popular, but if we're going to think the unthinkable maybe this could work.

Why not give the Pop side to visitors? Or maybe half of it upto the entrance stair well in the middle. This would provide a natural segregation point and would also give their fans the crap acoustics. A turnstyle by the police box would be needed. We have given up part of the Pop before and it worked quite well. Those fans who didn't want to migrate can stay and those that do can go behind the goal or into the new grandstand along with the usual users. I'm not sure how many half the pop could hold but surely enough for most away support. For larger numbers then part of the new grandstand could be made available.

Just a thought for discussion.

First of all, welcome back to the site Dave, it's been a long time since I saw you posting on here, hope to see regular contributions from yourself.

Back on-thread, I've long thought that would be a good idea, also for the reasons you mentioned, I remain convinced that we could end up with a regular noisy atmosphere if given that end, you never know, it might just entice more casual fans to come more often if the atmosphere did improve.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Benno
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by Benno »

I'm all for it, mainly due to the reasons mentioned by SG + co.

Would help the home fans to be heard more, when I go in the family stand (very occasionally) - I can barely hear the pop side songs, although theres a decent amount of people singing, it often just sounds dead and flat. There's no doubt that the acoustics are not very good in the popside. Get us in the away end where we can be heard, or improve the acoustics of the popside. No idea how though.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I think thats a brilliant idea. The chanting just doesnt really cut it coming from the side and I gotta feeling that if its coming from the away end toward the family stand, they might try returning the chants sometimes. that really would send out a great atmosphere. :)
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think the results speak for themselves, it's got to be worth a trial at the very least.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Especially for days like today - 35 away fans was it?
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

JamieE wrote:Especially for days like today - 35 away fans was it?

I thought I heard 71?!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.