Fans Forum write up.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Thanks for posting that snakey - without wishing to come across as a Bucks-basher, I must admit that when I read the comment about Sills, I thought it was rather poor when there was no way for Tim to reply. Glad that you were able to balance the argument slightly. And Tim Sills will always be in a huge amount of supporters' hearts!!!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

It's been suggested in times gone by (not by me obviously ;-) ) that our manager has something of an 'ego'? Would it be cynical to suggest that by criticising players who's popularity possibly exceeds his own, he might be attempting to ensure his own achievements don't get overlooked? He was never glowing in his appraisal of Greavsie's time with us either, which i find strange.

I was always behind Bucks' decision to allow Sillsy to leave - he has never looked like a league quality centre-forward (and he's had several attempts). But what he did for us in the conference should never be underestimated by any fan of TUFC. I don't think there's any need to attempt to tarnish the widely held opinion of him amongst our supporters.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I cannot criticise Tim for wanting to spend time with his children, they quite rightly are his priority. It is far more important to be a good father than a good footballer so this has not at all worsened my opinion of Sills, if anything it has improved it.
He was a key part of our return to the league for which I will always be grateful for.
Enzo
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Enzo »

Bit of a shame that Bucks chose to make this public really. I would like to think that the query over TS's comitment comes over worse in writing than when said at the forum, and Bucks did also say that Sills was one of his best signings. I'd still question why he needed to go into this detail though. What was he seeking to achieve? - Sills was released for footballing reasons - end of story. The snide remarks aimed at him from fans over issues like this must irritate PB, but I'd like to see him rise above it and not engage in late and low blows against fromer players. The professionalism that Bucks has shown and that he rightly demands from his players does not always seem to extend to his own ego.

As Buckle himself has alluded to, TS's contribution to getting back into the League was massive. His goal at Wembley whilst wearing that protective mask and playing with a pain killing injection (I think) summed up his commitment to TUFC.

Does anyone know if Gritton and Kee are doing extra training on Wednesdays?!