First Gulls Shirt

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
A J
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

First Gulls Shirt

Post by A J »

Mine was the yellow and blue (also some white) horizontal striped shirt from 1993-1995 made by Matchwinner. I thought it was pretty cool at the time, but looking back now, I don't know whether it was a nice designed shirt or a fashion disaster rugby uniform :? I remember the Mod-Dec Windows sponsor fading badly! Probably wore it too much :)

What was yours...........?
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

mine was the white shirt with blue piping-Sponsored by city link builders. Promotion winning season!
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Rotolok sponsor. By coastline. In yellow/blue trim (short sleeved). Sad to say does not fit any more, so in a drawer with the others :(
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

The purple away shirt (92??) Got nicked in Rome.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Ludlow Gulled
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Ludlow Gulled »

Got mine as a Christmas present from my grandparents in 1979, I think it was. Shiny white v-necked number. Blue collar trim. Blue with yellow overlay trim all the way down the long sleeves. Sponsored by Bukta, which led to its best feature - bukta logos cut out of the yellow overlay on the sleeve trim to leave a full sleeve length of what looked like blue seagulls (if you looked at them with that kind of squinty eye thing). Looked good on me. Looked even better on Les Lawrence. Looked too big for Ian Twitchen.

Now that was a shirt. I loved that shirt. Everyone loved that shirt. Even my Hammers and Gunners-loving Romford mates loved that shirt. So much so that one of them nicked it! :rofl: If I ever find out which one... :evil:
ReadinGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicholson

Post by ReadinGull »

blue and yellow westward developments sponsor. still fits *punches air* still wear it *punches air* still never seen torquay lose while wearing it *punches air* still get shocks of everything and anything while wearing it because of nasty nylon *zaps the car door*
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

ReadinGull wrote:blue and yellow westward developments sponsor. still fits *punches air* still wear it *punches air* still never seen torquay lose while wearing it *punches air* still get shocks of everything and anything while wearing it because of nasty nylon *zaps the car door*

Only cos the material is very elastic :lol:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
robc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by robc »

Mine was the white and yellow vertically striped one from the last 90s/early 00s, with westwood studios on the front i think. First game was in 95 but couldn't afford a shirt for the first few years, remember being so excited about getting that one! The sponsor came right off though, awfully made....
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

brentwoodgull wrote: Shiny white v-necked number. Blue collar trim. Blue with yellow overlay trim all the way down the long sleeves. Sponsored by Bukta, which led to its best feature - bukta logos cut out of the yellow overlay on the sleeve trim to leave a full sleeve length

That was my first shirt too :)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

The ModDec one, bought for our first Wembley venture in '89, is the only one I'd owned since I was a kid in the 60s.

Cheers

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!
ReadinGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicholson

Post by ReadinGull »

Dave mate, thats cutting, well it is cutting in as it goes, but if it goes over yer head and you get yer arms it then it fits. it looks no less tight than is acceptable round town for young ladies... i must be fashionable...:)