The integrity of footballers plus a possible keeper?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

The integrity of footballers plus a possible keeper?

Post by stratfordgull »

One of my local teams, Coventry City, signed that charming gentleman Marlon King last season, I believe from Scrubs United or Pentonville Rangers, on a twelve month contract.

He did his season, then in last weeks news, verbally agreed a new contract with CCFC. Today he has turned up at Birmingham City for a medical to complete a transfer to them. All of the Sky Blues supporters are aghast that he didn't keep his word :lol: Personally I'd have thought that his track record meant that his word wasn't exactly to be relied on but the moral of the story is:-

as football supporters we're often completely blinkered and that lots of clubs, bigger and smaller than ours, are crap at communication and 'doing deals'. Footie players don't have a long life span and I guess that most feel that integrity etc won't pay the bills. We all know of exceptions to that rule but I think they are few and far between. Buckle I don't think fitted into the integrity category by the way :O)

The keeper worth a look I think is Michael Quirke. Young lad who was permanent bencher to Kieran Westwood-made (I think) two appearances and did pretty well but has now been released by City. Not sure of his salary (Footie Manager suggests affordable) but worth looking at as a future keeper and decent cover for a first teamer?